DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic 2 at night

Yes. It uses GPS to locate the home point.

Since it likely won't be able to use the downward sensors for landing, you should not expect the landing to be as precise as when flying during the day. You should be fine if you take off from a location that is 30+ feet from any nearby obstacles.

Yes. It uses GPS to locate the home point.

Since it likely won't be able to use the downward sensors for landing, you should not expect the landing to be as precise as when flying during the day. You should be fine if you take off from a location that is 30+ feet from any nearby obstacles.
Thank You so much

Since it likely won't be able to use the downward sensors for landing, you should not expect the landing to be as precise as when flying during the day.
That’s what the landing lights are for.

That’s what the landing lights are for.
Have you tried those lights with your Mavic 2? I have and I found they do not allow the Mavic to land with precision landing. They are quite helpful when manually landing though.

Reactions: JDawg and Turn11
Have you tried those lights with your Mavic 2? I have and I found they do not allow the Mavic to land with precision landing. They are quite helpful when manually landing though.

I have. It’s worked reasonably well for me. Maybe a few more inches off than daylight, but not appreciably so.

I have. It’s worked reasonably well for me. Maybe a few more inches off than daylight, but not appreciably so.
+1 I've done more night flights than day, and I can say it consistantly landed within a foot of the original takeoff spot.

Are you guys flying in locations that are pitch dark? Are you using landing pads?

Are you guys flying in locations that are pitch dark? Are you using landing pads?

I don't use a landing pad. Most of where I take off and land has quite a few obstacles around it like concrete barriers and vehicles and so forth, so with the landing light it's able to build itself a pretty decent awareness

Reactions: Rboles
I don't use a landing pad. Most of where I take off and land has quite a few obstacles around it like concrete barriers and vehicles and so forth, so with the landing light it's able to build itself a pretty decent awareness
Any lights in the area? I've only done testing in locations with no lighting (other than the Mavic's lights).

Any lights in the area? I've only done testing in locations with no lighting (other than the Mavic's lights).

Not usualy anything within 100 ft or so. I did try leaving my headlights on once, the cops came so I dont anymore. I just sit in the dark. Ha

And all of these players have “daylight waivers”? And strobes?

Usually not pitch dark, but it's pretty dark. Flying in total darkness is pretty pointless if you're trying to shoot video or photos. You need at least some ambient light.

I usually do use a landing pad, or I've also used lines painted on a parking lot.

And all of these players have “daylight waivers”? And strobes?
I'm not a player.

Reactions: tleedom
My Mavic 2 returns home with no issues. Just remember to keep the bottom light on auto, the bottom LED light will then turn on just before landing, if on auto return home.

Reactions: tleedom
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaVVT