DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 enterprise dual software

If only ... if you’re iOS with an MPDE basically you have a 3k drone that doesn’t quite work . Litchi kinda works better but you don’t have any thermal controls but you can way point .

I was gonna try Lithci with the M2ED yesterday but 3 Hawks running the ridge kept me on the ground. :(

On my M2ED, there are no additional files which contain radiometric information. Just simple, flat .JPG.

The only 'additional' files are the ones when you turn ON caption in the video settings. Then there are .SRT (subtitle) files associated to a video file. But there is also no radiometric data stored in these .SRT files.

There exist more subdirectories on the SD card or internal storage, but none have radiometric data or appear to have those infos in it.
How are you accessing the internal (EMCC) memory files?

How are you accessing the internal (EMCC) memory files?
By connecting the M2ED with a USB cable to a PC/Mac, then accessing the files from a file explorer.

By connecting the M2ED with a USB cable to a PC/Mac, then accessing the files from a file explorer.
None of the forums have located where DJI stores the audio files for the speaker accessory. I'd like to upload better quality audio files to use. I only see image (JPG), video (MP4), subtitle (SRT) and location (flight track DB?) on the EMMC (Internal) and SD Card. I'll try using the DJI Assistant for M2ED in Debug/Developer mode to see if I can locate them way.

None of the forums have located where DJI stores the audio files for the speaker accessory. I'd like to upload better quality audio files to use. I only see image (JPG), video (MP4), subtitle (SRT) and location (flight track DB?) on the EMMC (Internal) and SD Card. I'll try using the DJI Assistant for M2ED in Debug/Developer mode to see if I can locate them way.

I don’t think debug is an option for DJI Assistant 2 they pulled it ? Correct me if I’m wrong ? Think you’d need v1.2.

What are the chances that M2ED will be able to shoot 25 or 50fps?
Possibly an uptade to include more camera options like shutter speed
TIA

What are the chances that M2ED will be able to shoot 25 or 50fps?
Possibly an uptade to include more camera options like shutter speed
TIA
Nearly none - The M2ED should not be compared with a normal M2P or M2Z. That airframe has a totally different use. (SAR, Inspections). Therefore there is no need for DJI to add the requested features.

Yes, understand
However in PAL countries, we still shoot inspection videos and having 30fps as the only option is not quite a professional deliverable, especially this drone is meant for enterprise customers.
Can't imagine it would be hard to tweek the software as the camera is quite capable for its purpose
Just some food for thought
On another note....
Is there a setting that would disable both formats (thermal and jpeg) to be recorded to SD card.
At times we only need to capture JPEG during inspections. Same for video.
What is the default palette for images to be recorded along with visible mode? Is it adjustable?

However in PAL countries, we still shoot inspection videos and having 30fps as the only option is not quite a professional deliverable,
If something else is required from a customer such as 25 fps or 50 fps footage, i do it with a different platform.

especially this drone is meant for enterprise customers.
Yeah, DJI tries to put this kind of drones (M2E and M2ED) into an Enterprise segment. But, in my experience, these 2 vehicles are not fit for 'real' Enterprise use. They are OK for SAR (the spotlight and the loudspeakers come in very handy) or quick inspections, but the lack of professional tools (like FLIR tools - they do not work, because a M2ED does not produce radiometric JPG or TIFF) or the missing features you are expecting, make it only a 'special' Mavic.
To have professional or Enterprise features you must go the Matrice 200 series with XT2/Z30/X5S/X7 or the Wind series path. The 'old' Matrice 600 is perfect to carry all kind of payloads and is a very versatile craft.

Can't imagine it would be hard to tweek the software as the camera is quite capable for its purpose
Even the XT2 camera supplies only 30 fps (depending on model)

Is there a setting that would disable both formats (thermal and jpeg) to be recorded to SD card.
No, you only will have VIS+IR or VIS+MSX at the same time.
You can't turn off that setting.

What is the default palette for images to be recorded along with visible mode? Is it adjustable?
Yes, it is adjustable. You can change the palette any time (before and while recording)

Hi all,

I’ve decided I’m going to buy the Mavic 2 enterprise dual for my inspection company. I am new to flying drones and think this will bring a big benefit to my company. Looking for advice on what kind of software does the drone come with for processing photos, videos etc. Does it come with it or do I have to buy from an external source? TIA for your help.

DJI Ground Station Pro 2.x is openly stated it supports the MP2 Ent Duo.

Correct, my understanding is that the Dual does not produce radiometic images. The ones I have seen from a demo are just jpeg, no r jpeg. Also had it confirmed by a well respected supplier here in the UK. Bit strange actually as my FLIR Duo R camera which I use on my Inspire does produce them.
You are correct it is not a Profession Thermo system. Not compatible with any 3rd party FLIR systems

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada