DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 enterprise dual software

S-K-I

Reactions
Hi all,

I’ve decided I’m going to buy the Mavic 2 enterprise dual for my inspection company. I am new to flying drones and think this will bring a big benefit to my company. Looking for advice on what kind of software does the drone come with for processing photos, videos etc. Does it come with it or do I have to buy from an external source? TIA for your help.

DJI Go 4 app is free but has only very limited and low quality video and image processing. All your footage is recorded at high resolution on the onboard sd card, this is best transferred to a PC or Mac or tablet etc for further processing with dedicated video and image software.
You will find dozens of recommendations for software if you search this site.

DJI Go 4 app is free but has only very limited and low quality video and image processing. All your footage is recorded at high resolution on the onboard sd card, this is best transferred to a PC or Mac or tablet etc for further processing with dedicated video and image software.
Are there any that you would personally recommend?

Reactions: S-K-I
Looking for advice on what kind of software does the drone come with for processing photos, videos etc. Does it come with it or do I have to buy from an external source?
If you are looking for thermal image processing software, there is currently none available for the M2ED.
Even the FLIR tools do not display the radiometric data of images produced by a M2ED.

Are there any that you would personally recommend?
Personally I use Premiere, and Photoshop, however Da Vinci has an excellent free version that will also process 4K. Premiere is expensive, and may well be overkill, depends on the nature of the OP business requirements.
Processing and rendering 4k requires a high spec PC/Mac

I use DJI Pilot. It works fine with the Dual.I have been using PS but doesn't show the radiometric data.

I use DJI Pilot. It works fine with the Dual.I have been using PS but doesn't show the radiometric data.

I am using DJI Pilot. When you opt to date stamp your pictures, does the date stamp show up on your print? Not on mine? I need that feather. Can you share (e-mail / message) prints from the controller? I can with MP but not with MP2ENT. I would like that too.

Reactions: mavin
DJI Pilot and Litchi both support M2E Dual. Litchi mission planning is so much better than DJI's Pilot app. I haven't been able to get DJI Go 4 to work, but no reason to try it as it doesn't support any of the M2E functions.

DJI Pilot and Litchi both support M2E Dual. Litchi mission planning is so much better than DJI's Pilot app. I haven't been able to get DJI Go 4 to work, but no reason to try it as it doesn't support any of the M2E functions.
Do you know what needs to be done to switch to the different cameras? Like between the msx and visual? I haven’t figured it out yet and, it’s extremely hard and a pain in the butt to get this thing in litchi and when I’m there I can’t switxh to msx or vice verse. What I’m in is it I have to go with that.

It doesn't yet support switching between FLIR and Visible light cams. But at least unlike DJI's Pilot app you can plot course, POI etc. DJI really "screwed the pooch" on their $2400 USD M2E dual by disabling features from DJI GO 4 app. They took a lesson from Apple's play books stating they added more features, yet disabling the users from making full use of them M2P allows more features than half the price of a M2E dual drone. Well done DJI with alienating you client base

Reactions: Dronage
I wanted to set the MP2ED way point for chasing hog at night out of oat fields . Set the way point and cover the field and come home....they hear the drone about 60' high and scatter like quail.

Correct, my understanding is that the Dual does not produce radiometic images. The ones I have seen from a demo are just jpeg, no r jpeg. Also had it confirmed by a well respected supplier here in the UK. Bit strange actually as my FLIR Duo R camera which I use on my Inspire does produce them.

my understanding is that the Dual does not produce radiometic images.
i can also confirm that. I had the chance to use the M2ED a few weeks before and found out it was storing simple .JPGs. Therefore it's of no use for any sort of client work which requires reports or any post processing.
Thankfully i still have a VUE Pro R on one of my other airframes.

DJI GO4 doesn't work with the M2ED. The only app available so far is DJI Pilot app.

DJI released an update for their DJI Pilot app to v1.2.0 on Google Play store. Their description of changes follow below. Personally, I still prefer using FlyLitchi app, since you can perform all your mission planning online (web site). You have the option of exporting a mission as a KML file. The DJI Pilot Flight Mission supports importing KML files. If you don't already have FlyLitchi, you could create a mission on Google Earth Pro and export it as a KML file. Finally, I discovered something while flying a mission with FlyLitchi. The M2E Dual recorded both the FLIR and visible cameras as separate video files on the SD card.

WHAT'S NEW
Supports DJI Matrice 200 series V2 (M200 V2, M210 V2, M210 RTK V2).
Supports Phantom 4 RTK.
Supports Mapping for Flight Mission for area-oriented, automatic flight route planning and timed photos, making flight route creation easier.
Supports KML Import for creating flight routes for Flight Mission.
Optimizes the isotherm, palettes, and FPV features for Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual for a better user experience.
Fixes specific issues and optimizes overall app quality.

It doesn't yet support switching between FLIR and Visible light cams. But at least unlike DJI's Pilot app you can plot course, POI etc. DJI really "screwed the pooch" on their $2400 USD M2E dual by disabling features from DJI GO 4 app. They took a lesson from Apple's play books stating they added more features, yet disabling the users from making full use of them M2P allows more features than half the price of a M2E dual drone. Well done DJI with alienating you client base
You have to understand that cinematic features, POI, Cable cam, sepia filters and stuff have no place in the M2ED world. It is an inspection and SAR tool designed for professionals. The price reason lyes somewhere else, for example in the aligned/superimpose dual camera feature, the smaller mass production, the professional motivations to purchase the tool, all of that having nothing to do with what hobbyists are expecting. So yes it's pricey but much cheaper than anything else with infrared capabilities. It feels an important gap when used for thermal building performance and I am more than happy to use it for that purpose. I would have preferred to have the M2Zoom capabilities because this is missing for inspections, but I understand it would have possibly messed up the parallax of the 2 cameras. Too bad but I can still use my P4PV2 and Inspire for general purpose or when their better sensor is needed

You have to understand that cinematic features, POI, Cable cam, sepia filters and stuff have no place in the M2ED world. It is an inspection and SAR tool designed for professionals. The price reason lyes somewhere else, for example in the aligned/superimpose dual camera feature, the smaller mass production, the professional motivations to purchase the tool, all of that having nothing to do with what hobbyists are expecting. So yes it's pricey but much cheaper than anything else with infrared capabilities. It feels an important gap when used for thermal building performance and I am more than happy to use it for that purpose. I would have preferred to have the M2Zoom capabilities because this is missing for inspections, but I understand it would have possibly messed up the parallax of the 2 cameras. Too bad but I can still use my P4PV2 and Inspire for general purpose or when their better sensor is needed

You misunderstood my post in regards to DJI Pilot app's Flight Mission. Yes, the DJI Pilot app is a stripped down version of DJI Go 4 app. However, I didn't mention about it for professional photography use cases. My point was that DJI Pilot app's Flight Mission can't compete with FlyLitchi's Mission Planning app. DJI really missed the mark and many M2E users are disappointed with the DJI Pilot app in general.

In regards to the M2E Dual FLIR (160x120), it is marginal for the white papers (use cases) DJI wrote. The majority of M2E Dual users are upset that DJI doesn't save radiometric data with its FLIR images, it's just a regular JPG image. So the M2E Dual's FLIR images are not compatible with FLIR's DroneSense or other thermal analysis tools. Kind of defeats the its purpose for industrial use.

It's not high enough quality for SAR or First Responders use. There was a recent news story where a M2E Dual was used by Fremont, CA PD to find a missing deaf teen using its FLIR. However, it is really an exception to the rule.

When lives are at stake, SAR and First Responders would need to upgrade to the to the Zenmuse XT2 supported platform to meet their performance requirements and use of FLIR's DroneSense app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom