DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 enterprise went Crazy and Crashed, Luckily retrieved

BeansVince

Reactions
Hello and Good day to everyone,
I am new here, and I was hoping if someone could help me with my problem.
This morning I flew the drone at the beach, take off went well, then a few minutes later as I was ready to take my last shot with the drone, My mavic 2 enterprise went crazy, I saw the drone drift away slightly so I lowered my altitude but the drone was already uncontrollable so it crashed on the car, I was hoping if somebody will be able to help me, or explain to me what happened with the drone, or was it my fault that the drone went crazy.

This morning I flew the drone at the beach, take off went well, then a few minutes later as I was ready to take my last shot with the drone, My mavic 2 enterprise went crazy, I saw the drone drift away slightly so I lowered my altitude but the drone was already uncontrollable so it crashed on the car, I was hoping if somebody will be able to help me, or explain to me what happened with the drone, or was it my fault that the drone went crazy.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides.

It would be best to post the data and any replies here in this thread rather than the other one.

That appears to be an IMU problem starting at 345 s. Can you retrieve the mobile device DAT file ending FLY021.DAT?

That appears to be an IMU problem starting at 345 s....
Yep ... definitely.

This wasn't a pilot error of any sort ... all points to a sudden IMU error.

At 344sec, just when you had slowed down & stopped turning the AC towards land & dropped the rudder input (blue graph) the AC continued to yaw (green graph) & the AC behaved like it suddenly had developed a yaw error with or around 90 degrees (due to the curved fly path).

1620752497920.png

Also the tilt direction in the log was erratic, showing impossible directions compared to the direction the AC flew.

Here the yellow bar shows in which direction the AC is leaning ... consistent with the travelling direction. (The red cross where the incident starts)

1620752849067.png

But here just a fraction of a second earlier ...

1620752905062.png

Also the velocity differences between the GPS & the IMU grows really big just there at 344sec & the remaining flight.

1620752973477.png

As said ... the mobile device DAT log is needed to pinpoint this further. You find it in a subfolder, MCDatFlightRecords, in the folder that contained the TXT log you shared earlier ... the correct one ends with FLY021.DAT.

Reactions: Thomas B
Yep ... definitely.

This wasn't a pilot error of any sort ... all points to a sudden IMU error.

At 344sec, just when you had slowed down & stopped turning the AC towards land & dropped the rudder input (blue graph) the AC continued to yaw (green graph) & the AC behaved like it suddenly had developed a yaw error with or around 90 degrees (due to the curved fly path).

View attachment 128971

Also the tilt direction in the log was erratic, showing impossible directions compared to the direction the AC flew.

Here the yellow bar shows in which direction the AC is leaning ... consistent with the travelling direction. (The red cross where the incident starts)

View attachment 128972

But here just a fraction of a second earlier ...

View attachment 128973

Also the velocity differences between the GPS & the IMU grows really big just there at 344sec & the remaining flight.

View attachment 128974

As said ... the mobile device DAT log is needed to pinpoint this further. You find it in a subfolder, MCDatFlightRecords, in the folder that contained the TXT log you shared earlier ... the correct one ends with FLY021.DAT.
Hello there, Where can I find the DAT file? The sub folder is empty and the DJI pilot app is broken I cannot sync it

Hello there, Where can I find the DAT file? The sub folder is empty and the DJI pilot app is broken I cannot sync it
If the folder is empty ... then you don't have any DAT log & we can't dig deeper & pinpoint anything more detailed than this most probably was a IMU error.

It wasn't a pilot error though ... if that helps.

If the folder is empty ... then you don't have any DAT log & we can't dig deeper & pinpoint anything more detailed than this most probably was a IMU error.

It wasn't a pilot error though ... if that helps.
Is there anything I can do to prevent this kind of problem in the future? Honestly the drone is not mine, It’s from our office, I am just the assigned pilot, I was a bit dissappointed of how I flew the drone because of that incident, it’s my first time crashing it, I am glad that it really wasn’t a pilot error,

Is there anything I can do to prevent this kind of problem in the future? Honestly the drone is not mine, It’s from our office, I am just the assigned pilot, I was a bit dissappointed of how I flew the drone because of that incident, it’s my first time crashing it, I am glad that it really wasn’t a pilot error,
Thank you also for explaining it to me, those were helpful explanation I could point out to my colleagues

Is there anything I can do to prevent this kind of problem in the future?
As we can't dig in further in all raw sensor values & point out what exactly failed it's nothing you can do, check or replace to prevent this. It's a lot of components in a drone that makes it fly stable, Flight controllers, Gyros, Accelerometers, compasses, ESC's, GPS'es & on top of that a lot of data processing ... if a component here fails or something is computed wrongly that usually results in an uncontrollable flight.

Thing's like this isn't common ... but it happens, the only thing you can do is to take events like this into consideration & if bad luck struck's nothing or nobody get's damaged ... after all, drones are man made, they will fail eventually in some way.

I had a previous flight where the drone tried to do something else, I manually hovered the drone back to me and when it was right in front of me, I tried to land it but it failed to land, it went up instead so what I did back the. Was grab the drone and forced to shutdown the battery while flying. Also maybe I got lucky with the problem I had that you discussed because I was able to sense that something went wrong much earlier, Maybe if I have noticed it later, it might’ve drifted away, so I chose to crash it in front of me while I still got the chance. Thank you for everything, it really cleared up my mind??

Sorry about your loss.

So this sort of info in on the phone. For some reason I cannot get the computer to recognize the phone when plugging it in.

The Enterprise has 2 imu’s so doesn’t the other take over if one malfunctions?, not sure how it knows which is malfunctioning but I assume that’s why it has 2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+