DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Floats

I like the foam tubes better.

You might want to Rethink that as these Float Tubes weight 14.4 ounces :oops:

The Rescue Jackets for the Mavic 2 Weigh 5.4 ounces and blow it out of the water on every performance level . ???

We cut the Weight Down by almost 1/3 by Design and engineering .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain or Float on water.

You might want to Rethink that as these Float Tubes weight 14.4 ounces :oops:

The Rescue Jackets for the Mavic 2 Weigh 5.4 ounces and blow it out of the water on every performance level . ???

We cut the Weight Down by almost 1/3 by Design and engineering .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain or Float on water.
Only 6.5 ounces. ! Visually clear. Battery use high. Motors heat up.

Only 6.5 ounces. ! Visually clear. Battery use high. Motors heat up.

These are just to heavy, , they tip and there not made for crashes as the Plastic parts crack.
The Rescue jackets are 15 Second install on and off.

Screenshot 09-14-2020 07.44.39.jpg

These are just to heavy, , they tip and there not made for crashes as the Plastic parts crack.
The Rescue jackets are 15 Second install on and off.

View attachment 112988

The Rescue Jackets are very impressive , I have seen them on the forum but how do you put them on and do they get heavier after being in the water ?

The Rescue Jackets are very impressive , I have seen them on the forum but how do you put them on and do they get heavier after being in the water ?
I have one, and I can say it is probably my favorite piece of kit. I may not pull it out every single time I fly over water, but for the long flights, the farther flights (better VLOS), and the "birdy"-er flights, they definitely offer peace of mind in more ways than one.

Here's one thing a lot of people don't recognize as a plus.

Say there's a bird pestering you, 1000 feet away, but there's a boat coming... You don't want to hover, that's a terrible idea, you don't want to flee and miss your shot, but you don't have the battery to do a couple "punches" to scare away the bird...
So then land, on the water (saving battery), and wait for the shot... Fly it, then haul butt back home.

Also, the Rescue Jacket will stay attached if that birds makes contact and your drone plummets to it's (would be) watery grave, where as the pool floaties will almost certainly fall of upon impact..... Yeah, lot of good that does.

It's called a Rescue Jacket for a reason. Not floaties for water landing. When you wear a life jacket do you spend the whole time in the water, using said life jacket, nope... But if you need it, you'll be glad you had it.

Flying before and after water contact, I notice no difference.

Reactions: qinks

When you first come out of the water its heavier but the water drops quickly and you good to fly.

Here is an instructional video:
How to use the Rescue Jacket on the Mavic 2 Series Drones Zoom / Pro and the Mavic Pro

You can get both the Wet Suit and the Rescue Jacket for $174.95 , Thank you.
Email me at [email protected]

I would like floats as well in Florida most open (NON RESTRICTED) flyable areas are the beaches. See B4UFLY florida. Just in case drone goes sideways on me.

I would like floats as well in Florida most open (NON RESTRICTED) flyable areas are the beaches. See B4UFLY florida. Just in case drone goes sideways on me.
Strapping floats to your drone is a good way to make it go "sideways" if there's any wind.
All these floatie contraptions are more likely to contribute to the loss of your drone than actually save it.

Strapping floats to your drone is a good way to make it go "sideways" if there's any wind.
All these floatie contraptions are more likely to contribute to the loss of your drone than actually save it.

Come on now, Normally your talking about things you know about. " None " of the floats are going to make your drone go sideways.
Thats silly. Some float are more affected by the wind than others.

Obviously the Rescue jacket has the smallest foot print and therefore handles the wind the best out of all of them.

People respect you for what you know , but its obvious your just dumping nonsense as you never owned the Rescue Jacket so I would appreciate you respecting that , than just dumping on those interested.

We post a lot of videos to stop people like you from making assumptions that are not true.

Here is the Rescue Jacket Remote Landing in 20 mph plus:
Notice at the end of the video flying is easy in a straight line.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Last edited:
Come on now, Normally your talking about things you know about.
Flying at sea and dealing with wind is what I know about.
Almost all of my flying is over the sea and dealing with wind is a very important aspect of that.
I also lived aboard and cruised a yacht for four years so I understand a lot about the force of the wind.
" None " of the floats are going to make your drone go sideways.
Thats silly. Some float are more affected by the wind than others.

Obviously the Rescue jacket has the smallest foot print and therefore handles the wind the best out of all of them.
I don't see any details about how much any of these devices (including yours) affect aerodynamic performance.
But I see plenty of additional cross sectional area to push through the air or for the wind to push on like a sail.
Wind is a more serious potential problem flying at sea than a splashdown.
Being able to fly efficiently is the best safety feature to ensure the drone makes it back from out there .

Even if it handles the wind the best out of all of them, how much it handicaps performance is is still a mystery.

When I think about Performance I think about if the Drone is going to cause any alarm of DJI warning : They do not.

I think its a given that your not going to break any speed or long distance records.

The main focus is to simply be able to push the drone to its natural limits without Pause or worry or a DJI warning .

We consider this to be pretty good results in Performance for the AIR 2 Rescue Jackets

Last edited:
When I think about Performance I think about if the Drone is going to cause any alarm of DJI warning : They do not.
When I think about performance, I know how fast my drone can fly unencumbered.
What I'd be concerned about is how much of the drone's top speed would be given away to additional wind resistance.
I'd be looking for data (real numbers), but they are rarely available.

I think its a given that your not going to break any speed or long distance records.
Obviously ... but what's important and not available, is data to show what the performance penalty is.
No amount of flotation is going to help me if my drone can't get back home from an ocean flight because its performance was handicapped or it couldn't deal with the wind.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LBRO