DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 fly more combo price hike?

It annoys me so much as I had the FlyMore in my cart the night before and decided to complete my purchase the next day. Really annoyed with the random price hike, the whole drone is already crazy expensive as is.

Many other vendors the price is still 319

They simply chose to raise it , claiming it’s a reasonable price increase . I am a fan of dji, their products and service and we know they make money on lithe razor blades not the razor “ I found their actions really bad form in this matters

I had put the mavic2pro flymore combo into my shopping cart and returned after meeting to pay only to find it had increased from Aud549 to Aud649 . To not honour a product price in a shopping cart a is very bad company policy . In fact to exploit buyers by charging AuD 139 for a car charge is also extremely bad form . We all know the cost would be sub $10

Customer service refused to escalate to a manager . I can’t fault them until now and will continue with their products but the action of raising the price by so much just after launch is bad form , not honouring a shopping cart that I came back to pay within less than 6 hours is appalling , and the cavalier script response by line chat agent is sure to upset any sensible buyer

I am disappointed and frustrated even as I will continue and wish I could escalate to someone who understands brand loyalty is only as good as their last product and good relations
I'm the same as u had the drone and the fly more in the basket next thing I noticed the final price went up the following mornin. Bit lousy I thought considering the bundle is pretty pricey as it is. Prob won't stop me buying it just annoyed they did it!

As soon as their drones are sold out, they will increase their prices without having consequences.

Most of their customers, have high income, and 30% or 50% increase, won't be a problem.

If they weren't monopoly, or if buyers stopped buying for even a WEEK, they would think twice before rising prices up.
Well honestly this price hike has halted me buying one this week. It's made me think harder about whether I really need one. I'm no filmmaker or photographer I just want one and y not have the best on the market iv been saving for it for a while!

wow i ordered the fly more kit wed from newegg...$275...including shipping....i think there site is saying $319 now..anyone looking check it out

Reactions: MURT
wow i ordered the fly more kit wed from newegg...$275...including shipping....i think there site is saying $319 now..anyone looking check it out
How can they sell for cheaper then dji themselves tho? Is it just the fact that they buy in bulk and get a discount then from dji?

Reactions: TheDigitalDove
anyone looking for the flymore kit...just do a search ...or use gosale price comparison tool....still out there for $319

Well honestly this price hike has halted me buying one this week. It's made me think harder about whether I really need one. I'm no filmmaker or photographer I just want one and y not have the best on the market iv been saving for it for a while!

I'm a hobbyist as well. I can tell you that even though the flight time may be better, I would not want wait for a full charge on one battery to fly again. I don't fly at my home often, if you live on a lot of property it may not be as big a deal.

No Iv never bought from them. Seen the name alright tho. I only ask cause I was lookin to buy a platinum a few months back on geek buy or some site. Checked the site out then and everyone was sayin to give it a wide birth.
They're a well known brick and mortar chain. Some things they have are pricey, but sometimes you get good deals.

Many other vendors the price is still 319

I’m not in the US so purchasing from any of those vendors who have it listed for $319 has me with huge customs fees that it become cheaper to buy it form DJI for the new price. The price local stores have it in Canada is already higher than the $319 price was and after local taxes it comes out to more than the new DJI price. Buying from the DJI was the absolute best option for me as they cover all the taxes and customs fees.

Buy it and fly it. The batteries will be available soon enough. No use waiting, if you're new to drones. Having 2 batteries is an option, not a necessity.
Batteries are available, I had an email from DJI last week and immediately bought two spares at $119 each, still waiting for them to arrive though.

Because you can buy a refurbished Mavic Pro for half the price. And everything about the MP1 is cheaper.
If you're not a filmmaker or photographer, I highly doubt you'll be able to notice the difference between the end product of the MP2 and the MP1. You'll likely throw both in vivid mode, or whatever mode you read about in some YouTube tutorial, forget about it forever and your footage won't be nearly as good as the footage you see uploaded by people that know what they're doing with video editing software. AKA, you won't benefit from the 1" sensor that is the main draw of the device.

If you really want to pay twice the price for bragging rights, go for it. I don't really see the point, and that's why I won't bother with an MP2 until I see drastic price drops in 1-1.5 years: because I am not currently at a point where I am going to make full use of the capabilities of the better drone.

Reactions: Brandaloo
Because you can buy a refurbished Mavic Pro for half the price. And everything about the MP1 is cheaper.
If you're not a filmmaker or photographer, I highly doubt you'll be able to notice the difference between the end product of the MP2 and the MP1. You'll likely throw both in vivid mode, or whatever mode you read about in some YouTube tutorial, forget about it forever and your footage won't be nearly as good as the footage you see uploaded by people that know what they're doing with video editing software. AKA, you won't benefit from the 1" sensor that is the main draw of the device.

If you really want to pay twice the price for bragging rights, go for it. I don't really see the point, and that's why I won't bother with an MP2 until I see drastic price drops in 1-1.5 years: because I am not currently at a point where I am going to make full use of the capabilities of the better drone.

I disagree. Even casual photographers will see a huge improvement with the 1" sensor on the Mavic 2 Pro.

Reactions: MURT
My understanding is that all DJI resellers were notified, about 24 hours ago, of a price hike effective immediately. It’s unclear what the position is for their unpaid and undelivered orders

I imagine there is but a small window until resellers adjust their price up on the M2P flymore kit by about AUD100 as well as on individual accessories , as can already be seen at the online DJI store

If you are considering buying and can find it at the price of last week get it immediately as the price won’t last .

So the real question is the Fly More worth it?
Everyone can use the 2 batteries, the value there is unquestionable - same for the spare props.

Car charger? Does it even work? How long will it charge a battery? How often do you use it?
Bag....I guess if you don't already have one....
Multi charger- meh, I go out, I fly and expend batteries and go home and charge. Do I care if they all charge at once? No. Do you?

I'm torn between just 2 batteries and some props and the Fly More....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser