DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 frame squeaking ?

cyang1

Reactions
Hello everyone. I got my mavic 2 zoom yesterday and noticed that when I hold it the way like shown in the picture, the plastic part around my thumb squeaks (on both sides) . Can it be the QC issue, or this happens to everyone else ?

Feels like the build quality isn’t as good as my mavic air.

Any input is appreciated, thanks

Attachments

• D7C3A042-DCB1-4543-A113-0BB5148B2E1F.jpeg
    D7C3A042-DCB1-4543-A113-0BB5148B2E1F.jpeg
    708.3 KB · Views: 45
Checked mine (M2Z also) and while it's not exactly squeaking it does give way when I squeeze it with a slight rubbing sensation. I suppose it has to do with how the non-structural panels are held to the frame.

Thank you TineT for making an effort to check. Mine is pretty loud so I think I will send it back to have them check it . Cheers

Hello everyone. I got my mavic 2 zoom yesterday and noticed that when I hold it the way like shown in the picture, the plastic part around my thumb squeaks (on both sides) . Can it be the QC issue, or this happens to everyone else ?

Feels like the build quality isn’t as good as my mavic air.

Any input is appreciated, thanks

Before you do that I would check out the rest of the drone as everything else might be perfect which is more important than a sqeeze sound. You can always fall back on the squeak but if there is something else wrong I would go with that.

Phantomrain.org
Cutting Edge Gear for your Mavic
Coal

Before you do that I would check out the rest of the drone as everything else might be perfect which is more important than a sqeeze sound. You can always fall back on the squeak but if there is something else wrong I would go with that.

Phantomrain.org
Cutting Edge Gear for your Mavic
Coal

I totally agree with you and thanks for the advice ?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
If you don't see any cracks I think you're okay buddy no need to send your drone back to dji....and possibly get a refurbished drone back because you will not get that one back for sure and then on top of that be out a few weeks of flying.

If you don't see any cracks I think you're okay buddy no need to send your drone back to dji....and possibly get a refurbished drone back because you will not get that one back for sure and then on top of that be out a few weeks of flying.
Nothing wrong with a refurb. Had the experience myself.

Still, sometimes DJI repair finds things that may not be actually wrong. If they latch onto something, it will be tough to convince them otherwise.

Nothing wrong with a refurb. Had the experience myself.
I didnt say anything was wrong with refurb. just telling what would go down because he sure as heck wont get og aircraft back.

Hi guys, The DJI dealer where I got it from did offer to send it back so they can have a look at. Apparently they just tighten up some screws and everything is tight like it should now. No more squeaky or rubbing sounds. Who knows, I should have thought of that, or I could of done it myself lol.

Maybe it just a bad QC off factory line, I wish I cloud up load a video to show how bad it was.

As some of you guys mentioned, I don’t like getting a refurbished back either Personally , so I did make sure I got the same one back!

Thanks guys, great community ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livewire