DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 gimbal overload

dsmith1821

Reactions
I have a set of the Polar Pro Cinema series filters that have the polarizer filters.

From what I have seen you have to line up your shot and then adjust the polarization with the ring, every time I even touch the filter I get the gimbal overloaded message and have to restart the Mavic. Is this something to worry about?

I do this as well when changing filter but I’m talking about the spinning ring for polarization adjustments. You need to leave it on the drone and watch the screen to get polarization correct for the shots

If you put a couple tiny marks on the filter casing you can figure out your desired polarization level while the filter is not even on the drone, if that works for you. Or just leave it set at or near maximum, since the polarization level is really affected by your angle to the sun (strongest at 90 degrees and completely eliminated at 180 degrees) and that is going to be by far the biggest factor of your flight plan anyhow.

These have a little white mark on them for aligning them. So it’s probably best to just set it and forget it I’m guessing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone