DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic 2 GPS vs Phantom 3S

We are not going to agree on most of this.

I've never called DJI support either, but I can say that in most of the cases that I've helped out with, which is now quite a few, DJI appears to have been fair and helpful. Your conclusion, based on nothing but "tales", doesn't seem reasonable. Most of the tales on these forums complaining about DJI turn out to be from people trying to turn pilot error into DJI's fault, who then get frustrated when DJI doesn't roll over and give them free stuff. What does your shady dealer have to do with the argument?

You have never called DJI support? Why are there any cases in which you have been involved?

Are you a DJI dealer?

My ‘shady dealer’ situation exonerates DJI. Not having DJI warranty or support, I expect nothing. Many other customers do expect support.

Such as?

That does seem like your bad. So DJI advertised that it would work with Litchi?

Touting ‘easy 3rd party integration, Android based’ does imply Google Play, and Services to function (to enable the global standard of 3rd party integration.)

Do you have an SC? What drone related apps have you installed via Amazon?

You mean the strategy that has resulted in tens of millions of satisfied, loyal customers? That seems like a fine model to copy.

Apple’s mkt cap took more than a decade to achieve their stellar growth. Even they have allowed Google Apps to function quite well. It is not 2001, a locked ecosystem is destined to fail.

DJI is taking the money and running. I probably should have compared DJI to Huawei; they are both under heavy govt. scrutiny.

Cheers

I understand and respect your opinion, My M2 cannot fly autonomously unless I redo dozens of missions from Litchi to DJI's substandard version. I have no interest in 'hacking firmware'. I simply want a product to perform as advertised. The controller is a decent percentage of the product. I hear the DJI is finally releasing API's and the SDK. I eagerly await that event.

That's fair enough, but in what way does the product not perform as advertised?

Point well taken.Yes, the M2P flies quite well....however..how does Litchi loaded on the SC run for you?
it runs, but does not connect. :)
it will work as soon as sdk will be out and third party developers will start integrating with new SC device. it is not a responsibility of a product provider to make it backward compatible with anything else. so, there is no fault here.
the fault they can be blamed with was the initial state of the SC firmware, but it all got sorted out, eventually, and, realistically, it is how all software companies operate these days, so, like it or not - it is what it is. if you do not like SC - it should not be a big problem to sell it online, as it is sold out everywhere. you can still use old standard controller with an external device.

Reactions: ff22
it will work as soon as sdk will be out and third party developers will start integrating with new SC device. it is not a responsibility of a product provider to make it backward compatible with anything else. so, there is no fault here.
the fault they can be blamed with was the initial state of the SC firmware, but it all got sorted out, eventually, and, realistically, it is how all software companies operate these days, so, like it or not - it is what it is. if you do not like SC - it should not be a big problem to sell it online, as it is sold out everywhere. you can still use old standard controller with an external device.

I have tried to obtain the old controller.

Are you a DJI dealer? I’d trade for the standard controller even, but you can pay the shipping, import tax, ATA carnet, et al into Vietnam. Coffee money can be expensive. :-D

That's fair enough, but in what way does the product not perform as advertised?

I don’t play Pikachu on my SC mid flight. :). Or ever...what 3rd party app has anyone loaded, installed, flown, returned, and had logs to review?

Functionally, my purchase and ‘upgrade’ has reduced my ability to fly. I sincerely think the M2 is my last DJI device.

Reapectfully

Great answer :-D

I’m here to learn from some very talented people (of which there are many)

Nav et al is too critical to ignore

I don’t play Pikachu on my SC mid flight. :). Or ever...what 3rd party app has anyone loaded, installed, flown, returned, and had logs to review?

Functionally, my purchase and ‘upgrade’ has reduced my ability to fly. I sincerely think the M2 is my last DJI device.

Reapectfully

That didn't answer my question at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard