DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2: How to turn off the back lights?

Does anyone know how to turn off the back lights? [emoji848]
The back lights are your Drones status lights (moved from single light on Mavic 1 to arms on Mavic2) and cannot/should not be deactivated. They tell you what is going on with your drone as far as GPS and other status goes and one should know what different colours and flash cycles mean/indicate to know the health of their drone for safty of Flite.

Reactions: Glamas
The back lights are your Drones status lights (moved from single light on Mavic 1 to arms on Mavic2) and cannot/should not be deactivated. They tell you what is going on with your drone as far as GPS and other status goes and one should know what different colours and flash cycles mean/indicate to know the health of their drone for safty of Flite.

Thank you!

I have never had an issue with the rear lights appearing in photos or video with any DJI Models I fly, including the M2. If you have a special use case the only options are to cover or otherwise disable them. Something I wouldn’t recommended you do as they obviously make your mavic easier to see, especially in low light. To state the obvious- should someone face an allegation of flying when/where they shouldn’t be and the lights were dound to be deliberately disabled it might be used as an argument that there was knowledge and intent with respect to the activity.

Reactions: Glamas
I have never had an issue with the rear lights appearing in photos or video with any DJI Models I fly, including the M2. If you have a special use case the only options are to cover or otherwise disable them. Something I wouldn’t recommended you do as they obviously make your mavic easier to see, especially in low light. To state the obvious- should someone face an allegation of flying when/where they shouldn’t be and the lights were dound to be deliberately disabled it might be used as an argument that there was knowledge and intent with respect to the activity.

Thank you!

I am looking for the same solution on my Mavic Pro 2. I would like to use it as an interior video camera as well. I have a polar pro mount that allows me to put it on a tripod. When in this position it puts the rear lights in the front. If there is a way to shut them off in this position I would love to know how. Until then I am thinking electrical tape will need to suffice.

Reactions: Brewbud
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78