DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 obstacle avoidance

March411

Reactions
I was flying with the obstacle avoidance on in normal mode and everything worked well but when switching over to Cine it wasn't available. Am I missing something or does this function not exist in Cine mode?

It should work as well in Cine mode. Do was already dark? Maybe the visual sensors went off because was getting dark?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
No, it was mid-day and I was using the one screen prompt in the Fly app. Worked perfectly in normal.

It's supposed to be 42° tomorrow so I will try it again.

Daft question but are you sure you did not switch to Sports mode? In T-mode should should actually have more sensors than in P mode, the side sensors are active in T-mode.

Not at all Philius, new flyer so it's a responsible question. I haven't had the stones to go into sport mode yet and do most of my flying in Cine. Multiple attempts and the same result.

Specifically testing the obstacle avoidance in my yard under controlled circumstances.

My Air2 APAS works normally in Cine and Program modes, APAS is disabled in Sport.

Make sure you didn't accidentally tap the APAS mode icon on the screen; it is very easy to turn off by accident. It should toggle between APAS Bypass, APAS Brake, APAS Off, APAS Bypass (no side moves), APAS Brake (no side moves) and APAS Off (no side moves).
Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG

Reactions: March411
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan