DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro 2 way audio

Ratfink11

Reactions
I am wondering if anyone is making/selling a 2 way speaker/integrated microphone setup for communication purposes. Search and Rescue, people being able to hear you as well as talk to you and vice/versa.

Kinda surprised this isnt a more prevalent need? It reminds me of typical security cameras... They do no good watching someone do a smash and grab on your front porch or car. However when you can speak/yell/obsenities they stop cold in thier tracks and take off running.

I have hours of attempted thefts and tresspassing with the local homeless. When I speak to them 95% of the time I can yell at them to freeze, put hands up, make them lie down face first and then I wait until cops show up 10-15 minutes later. All the while these suspects have no idea im communication through my camera system from another state through my cell phone. I have gone from daily/hourly homeless issues to almost nothing because I can prevent issues before they happen. I would like to have the same ability on my drone.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or ideas are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Good point but at least with the one way audio that is available the person would know rescue was on the way.

I am wondering if anyone is making/selling a 2 way speaker/integrated microphone setup for communication purposes. Search and Rescue, people being able to hear you as well as talk to you and vice/versa.

Kinda surprised this isnt a more prevalent need? It reminds me of typical security cameras... They do no good watching someone do a smash and grab on your front porch or car. However when you can speak/yell/obsenities they stop cold in thier tracks and take off running.

I have hours of attempted thefts and tresspassing with the local homeless. When I speak to them 95% of the time I can yell at them to freeze, put hands up, make them lie down face first and then I wait until cops show up 10-15 minutes later. All the while these suspects have no idea im communication through my camera system from another state through my cell phone. I have gone from daily/hourly homeless issues to almost nothing because I can prevent issues before they happen. I would like to have the same ability on my drone.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or ideas are welcomed. Thanks in advance.
Get a Mavic 2 Enterprise. It comes with a speaker!

The Enterprise version is not an option. Also it appears DJI is no longer selling the speaker for the Enterprise version. Sounds like I will have to build it.

The Enterprise version is not an option. Also it appears DJI is no longer selling the speaker for the Enterprise version. Sounds like I will have to build it.
Good luck- obviously you will need more on the BOM than a transducer and enclosure.

A microphone mounted on the drone would be about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike or fly screens on submarines- you would need to fly very close to the person for them to be intelligible over the noise of the rotors.
Not necessarily. Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, among others, use multi-microphone MEMS sensors with beamforming, which is the audio equivalent to what MIMO WiFi, 5G networks, phased-array radar, and military communications use. "Nulls" can be directed at the engines/props, while amplifying specific directions. The direction to enhance could be in the "crosshairs" of the gimbal.

Not necessarily. Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, among others, use multi-microphone MEMS sensors with beamforming, which is the audio equivalent to what MIMO WiFi, 5G networks, phased-array radar, and military communications use. "Nulls" can be directed at the engines/props, while amplifying specific directions. The direction to enhance could be in the "crosshairs" of the gimbal.
See if you get a response to “hey google” from your MEMS equipped device with a drone hovering 10cm above it and report back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User