DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro antenna recommendations.

Bucsfanatic59

Reactions
I recently purchased a Mavic 2 Pro. I’m loving this thing so far. However, I have not been able to travel further than about 3300 feet away in distance. I’ve tried different locations and keep losing video signal causing my heart to stop! I love how everything I own fits inside of my fly more kit bag. Any recommendations on an antennas extended or something? I’d love to fly about 2-3 miles away which is much less than they advertise this thing will do!

Maxx Uav do a non booster range extender that is dual band , 2.4 and 5.8 ghz, and a 3 watt boosted system with pretty much the same antenna. They are linear polarized, so are directional. Titan also do several systems for the Mavic 2 , which are boosted and non boosted, with directional, and omni directional depending on the configuration you choose.
The Maxx Uav do use sunhams 3 watt amplifiers in theirs which are better than the non specific 3 watt amplifiers in the Titan systems.
I havent used Maxx UAV RE but I have got the Titan Conquer RE for my P4P. I might look at the boosted Maxx UAV for my Mavic 2, as in the UK we have to operate in CE mode. Titan do have circular polarized systems as well as linear polarized antennas.

DJI Mavic 2 ( Maxx UAV )

https://www.commandcase.com/ (Titan)

The whip antennas that come with the Titan systems are good enough on my P4P to do a 34,500 feet, thats 10.5 kilometer flight. I would think they would do similar on a mavic 2 as the transmission power on CE mode on the P4P and Mavic 2 are similar, though the Mavic quotes 5 km in CE and P4P 3.5 km in CE, with no interference.

I went with the 4Hawks Raptor XR without amps (for now) and was amazed at how much the signal strength improved.Resized_20180919_091232.jpeg

I have 4hawks SR for my mavic air. Can you link me to boosters for it. Thanks.
The Air is a completely different beast since it uses Wi-Fi instead of traditional RF, so I wouldn't be able to recommend anything for it. Which is why I chose to wait for what came next, rather than pull the trigger on the Air.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klik4d