DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Battery Overheated

DCPMavicPilot

Reactions
Hi Everyone.

I was sitting in my house with the Mavic 2 pro and remote control turned on connected to my iPad so I could program settings for my first flight.

The Mavic was sitting on a tile floor with plenty of air and space around it. I noticed the fans running really hard and fast and then I started to smell electrical. It seemed the battery started to overheat so I pulled it. The lights on the battery still work but I can see a place on the battery that looks a little different from the heat. The heat was at the connector.

Is the battery damaged? and why does the fan on the Mavic rage so hard just sitting there without the electric motors running? All firmware is up-to-date.

Not sure what to do.

Thanks for any insights.

This sounds normal except the "place on the battery that looks a little different from the heat" part. Batteries will get warm in use and while charging. Check the connectors to make sure none are bent or dirty.

Mavics generate a lot of internal heat and the electrical smell could have been from the first time use. It is normal for the internal fan to run and some owners will apply extra cooling air from a small fan if the props are not running.

Reactions: RTKD
This freaked me out when I first got my Mavic, I feel like it got so hot during its first software update, but it was okay. If you really think it was warped or discolored from the heat, post a picture here and get an opinion. The batteries can get hot during normal operation, but if you can hold it in your hand then it's likely not too hot.

On the other hand, if you see it swell, crack, or smoke, take it out of the drone and put it outside until you can dispose of it properly. Battery fires are rare with DJI products, but they're no joke

Even when you're not flying or idling the motors, all of the electronics are still running, even the flight controller. All that computing power in a tight space is going to generate heat. If there's no air circulation from flight, that's when the internal fan has to kick in.
The RC also has a fan.

The battery details in the Go app will give you the battery temperature.

i have a battery on my mavic pro that gets hot every tine it was used i don,t uxe it anymore it was up to 187 on air data stats none of the other batteries come close

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PMKMD