DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Blurry Images and Videos (SOLVED!)

Firdaus96

Reactions
Hi everyone, I need help troubleshooting some problems with my Mavic2Pro camera:

1. Experiencing blurry images and videos.
2. Attempted adjusting smaller f-number but it sacrifices shadows. Although it increases the sharpness but auto/manual focus wont work
3. Cleaned the lenses, but the issue persists.
4. Detached the lens filter, but the problem persists.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! 🚁📷

Attachments

• DJI_0307.jpeg
    DJI_0307.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 38
  • DJI_0314.jpeg
    DJI_0314.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 39
Nothing much to do beyond what you have done but send it back to DJI. Topaz AI would sharpen things but that's just a bandaid.

Reactions: Firdaus96
This is typical out of focus photos.
Was the camera set to autofocus (AF-C) or manual focus?

Reactions: Firdaus96 and SethB
This is typical out of focus photos.
Was the camera set to autofocus (AF-C) or manual focus?
@waynorth has it right. OP, are you aware that you can manually set focus by touching on an object in the display? Or switch to auto, which does reasonably well for most scenes?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wild Drone Pilot
Yes, are you aware that you can manually set focus by touching on an object in the display? Or switch to auto, which does reasonably well for most scenes?
Well, yes, I am aware of that.
Your advice was probably meant for the OP (original poster)?

• Haha
Reactions: Wild Drone Pilot
Well, yes, I am aware of that.
Your advice was probably meant for the OP (original poster)?
Of course :)

Sorry if the quote seemed otherwise, I wanted to emphasize your point as well. Edited.

Hi everyone, I need help troubleshooting some problems with my Mavic2Pro camera:

1. Experiencing blurry images and videos.
2. Attempted adjusting smaller f-number but it sacrifices shadows. Although it increases the sharpness but auto/manual focus wont work
3. Cleaned the lenses, but the issue persists.
4. Detached the lens filter, but the problem persists.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! 🚁📷
Boot the drone and controller up in a well lit interior room. Place a large object about half way between the drone camera and the wall behind it. Once you have a video link, tap the screen of the phone or tablet you're using as the flight screen. Does a green square outline appear where you have tapped? Did the camera 'hunt' for focus?
Now look top right corner of the screen for AF/MF and tap on it. This should change out of autofocus and into manual focus. A vertical slider appears with a small graphic of mountains at the top and a flower at the bottom. Drag your finger up and down on this slider. Does the focus on the camera change?
If there is no change in focus with either test, try refreshing the firmware of the controller.
If this doesn't sort the problem out, you may have some kind of physical damage to the camera electronics.

Reactions: Firdaus96
Hi, guys. Thanks for your help in troubleshooting my issues here.

In addition to your replies, I am aware that I was in manual focus, and I've changed to autofocus, but nothing happened. Tapped the screen for AF, but the drone thinks it has focused, even though my eyes don't. I also have booted in my room to test but it's still same.

As a last resort, I placed my M2P inside a DIY dry box full of rice and silica gel, and I let it stay there for one night. Then, I tried it once I woke up, and voila!
Everything came into focus again.

I should have known that the place I flew before is a very high-elevation area, which tends to blur because of moisture forming inside the glass elements.

However, I do see that some others have experienced the same problem.(Youtube Link) I was expecting it was a hardware issue, which would require me to spend money. Gladly, I don't have to do that.

Here's the attachment with footage and image is already in focus :
31 Dec 2023 M2P

Attachments

• DJI_0048-2.jpg
    DJI_0048-2.jpg
    9.8 MB · Views: 42
Reactions: Ken1403 and SethB
Hi, guys. Thanks for your help in troubleshooting my issues here.

In addition to your replies, I am aware that I was in manual focus, and I've changed to autofocus, but nothing happened. Tapped the screen for AF, but the drone thinks it has focused, even though my eyes don't. I also have booted in my room to test but it's still same.

As a last resort, I placed my M2P inside a DIY dry box full of rice and silica gel, and I let it stay there for one night. Then, I tried it once I woke up, and voila!
Everything came into focus again.

I should have known that the place I flew before is a very high-elevation area, which tends to blur because of moisture forming inside the glass elements.

However, I do see that some others have experienced the same problem.(Youtube Link) I was expecting it was a hardware issue, which would require me to spend money. Gladly, I don't have to do that.

Here's the attachment with footage and image is already in focus :
31 Dec 2023 M2P
hi firdaus,do you have what apps? want to know more the problem happened

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne