DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Broken Leg

elnidome2017

Reactions
I broke one of the legs of my Mavic 2 Pro when it hit a tree while doing a reverse flight. I thought it was an easy fix, just like the Mavic Pro, but no, it was totally different, since the LED lights on Mavic 2 Pro were now located on the legs, there were wirings that were needed to deal with, once the legs were unscrewed (3 screws)
This is the guy replacing the leg on Mavic Pro, but for Mavic 2 Pro, there are wirings to the LED to deal with:
Has anybody done this in Mavic 2 Pro? Also I still can't find a replacement part online. Anybody knows where I can purchase this part?
Thanks.

I have done it a number of times, but the wiring is tricky if you aren't experienced with soldering.

As with the Mavic Pro, DJI only sells these little feet with the entire front arm, so you can't buy it on its own. You can buy them for the Mavic Pro because someone in China started making new ones, but they are slightly different to the original DJI parts.

If you're doing it yourself, I would recommend buying a whole front arm.

I broke one of the legs of my Mavic 2 Pro when it hit a tree while doing a reverse flight. I thought it was an easy fix, just like the Mavic Pro, but no, it was totally different, since the LED lights on Mavic 2 Pro were now located on the legs, there were wirings that were needed to deal with, once the legs were unscrewed (3 screws)
This is the guy replacing the leg on Mavic Pro, but for Mavic 2 Pro, there are wirings to the LED to deal with:
Has anybody done this in Mavic 2 Pro? Also I still can't find a replacement part online. Anybody knows where I can purchase this part?
Thanks.

I tried to have a fellow member 3d print L and R fronts, but the modeling was too difficult. We will just have to wait for someone in China to mass produce them.

At this point, you will have to buy a whole new front arm, and it's your choice as to whether to replace the whole arm, or just strip the leg off the new arm and install on the old arm.

A couple of things to take into consideration are whether or not your existing arm is damaged and will even hold a new leg. Second, do you want it to look cosmetically perfect?

If all 4 screws holes are in good shape, you might be able to get by with only replacing the leg on your broken arm. This is a fairly difficult repair because you have to desolder or cut the 3 led wires, replace the leg, then resolder.

I have done a bunch of both replacing the whole arm and replacing just the leg. To me, it really depends on whether the old arm is able to hold the new leg and if the customer wants it to look like new..

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23