DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - Charging Hub

Scaz50

Reactions
Hi Guys,

Day 1, new owner of Mavic 2 Pro and first post here.

I was delighted to receive my new Mavic 2 Pro and Flymore Bundle yesterday. Unfortunately, I believe that I may have a faulty charging hub. Whenever I try to use it, I get a solid red LED and the battery’s do not charge.

When using the power supply to charge the battery’s directly (1 by 1 without the hub) the battery’s charge perfectly.

Not sure whether I can post a link to my Dropbox video that I recorded of the issue but here goes anyway:

Dropbox - Video 10-11-2018, 10 14 16.mov

I am hoping that this has been seen before and there is a simpler fix than bundling the whole thing up to send back to Amazon.

Thanks in advance.

...how about charging only batteries?
leave the RC disconnected!
Sorry not sure on the sequence of the LED colour with the 2 hub

Edit; the controller is already @ 100% (is this shutting down the hub with inbuilt protection)
What state of charge are the batteries @? Edit,Edit,Edit,Edit; Are you sure they're not fully charged
Edit,Edit,Edit; Leave them in for a while to see if the LED changes to Green (or whatever colour it changes to when charging)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply SpinItUp....

Here are the scenarios that I have tested:

- I have tested the hub with and without the controller
- I have tested multiple power sockets
- All battery combinations in the hub from zero to three in all different sockets
- No problems charging the controller
- When I first tried the hub all batteries where at their delivery level (just one light of four), I have since charged each battery individually so all now at 100%

Whenever I attach the hub to the power cable it displays a yellow led for 10 seconds or so, and then switches to solid red.

- When I first tried the hub all batteries where at their delivery level (just one light of four), I have since charged each battery individually so all now at 100%

So what's the problem now? (if thems all 100%)

Edit; The 240V AC is not your concern here! (so forget trying your home wiring)

Edit,Edit; If they are @ 100% the charger shuts down to protect from overcharge (it does with the older M1P hub anyway)

Last edited:
Sorry...the point is that the hub has never actually worked. Since delivery whatever I do I cannot get the hub to move beyond the red LED. Even when the battery’s were low they didn’t charge in the hub.

Thanks for your help spinitup!

I have placed an order this now - it should give me the ability to charge 3 battery’s simultaneously rather than sequentially.

Pretty certain that it was simply a faulty hub, I am sure DJI would have replaced but...

5 in1 Intelligent Battery Charging Hub Fast AC Charger for DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Drone https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H4CVW21/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_JEX5BbT7W0987

Hi Guys,

Day 1, new owner of Mavic 2 Pro and first post here.

I was delighted to receive my new Mavic 2 Pro and Flymore Bundle yesterday. Unfortunately, I believe that I may have a faulty charging hub. Whenever I try to use it, I get a solid red LED and the battery’s do not charge.

When using the power supply to charge the battery’s directly (1 by 1 without the hub) the battery’s charge perfectly.

Not sure whether I can post a link to my Dropbox video that I recorded of the issue but here goes anyway:

Dropbox - Video 10-11-2018, 10 14 16.mov

I am hoping that this has been seen before and there is a simpler fix than bundling the whole thing up to send back to Amazon.

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure that the connector at the bottom is fitted correctly? I've had mine (US version) unseat partially. I don't recall the light sequence but it should turn green when charging.

Are you sure that the connector at the bottom is fitted correctly? I've had mine (US version) unseat partially. I don't recall the light sequence but it should turn green when charging.

My LED's are all green with power but no connected devices. Once connected, the LED's on mine go to red when charging.

KB

Reactions: SpinItUp
@ff22 The connector was fitted as it charged the controller.
But the controller stays connected and lit up when it reaches 100%
Unlike the batteries.
I would discharge the batteries and try again.
Edit; and give them time to boot up or whatever the brain in them does on a connection.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM