DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Controller Question...

The Mavic 2 P/Z's will not work with the std MA2s controller.

Nor will the the MA2S work with the std Mavic 2 P/Z controllers (RC1A/RC1B).

I do not know if the smart controller will work with both models and it would be an expensive option.
If your RC1A/RC1B is bust look on ebay etc. look on ebay for a second hand one. If DAT flight logs are of interest to you try to get an RC1A

Last edited by a moderator:

I do not know if the smart controller will work with both models and it would be an expensive option.
If your RC1A/RC1B is bust look on ebay etc. look on ebay for a second hand one. If DAT flight logs are of interest to you try to get an RC1A
Smart Controller works with both drones, M Air and M2 P/Z

I have the Mavic 2 Pro and the Air 2s. I used the Smart Controller for both. They both show on the opening menu after they have been linked. When you start the SC, depending on which bird you have fire up, it will display that bird option on the screen and you select it. No need to rebind each time when you start up.

Smart Controller works with both drones, M Air and M2 P/Z
Which begs the question: can you even still get an "original" SmC that works with M2P? After years of saying "I don't need one of those things" I find I suddenly have the money to get one and I can't find them anywhere--either at DJI, eBay, Beat Buy, even on the boards here, or anything else. I did find one on Amazon (used) and the guy wanted over $1,000. Given the lack of a Mavic 2 Anything on the DJI website I suspect I've missed the boat.

Anyone? ...Buehler...????

Which begs the question: can you even still get an "original" SmC that works with M2P? After years of saying "I don't need one of those things" I find I suddenly have the money to get one and I can't find them anywhere--either at DJI, eBay, Beat Buy, even on the boards here, or anything else. I did find one on Amazon (used) and the guy wanted over $1,000. Given the lack of a Mavic 2 Anything on the DJI website I suspect I've missed the boat.

Another option is the Tripletek Tablet. Bright screen, excellent unit, works great. You can search the groups, you tube, etc. to see the results. Here is an Amazon link to the latest model. The previous one is also excellent and may save you some money.

They don't seem to be available in the US anymore, which is a bit strange since the M2EA is a current model. You can find them elsewhere:

Checking with a source. He is out of the office until Monday. Will let you know when I hear back from him.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rapidppoint