DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro crash - wondering if serious

Well, I sent it back to DJI. They assessed the damage as soon as they got it. More damage than I was able to see, so a new one (probably a refurb) is on its way back to me. Thanks for all your replies! I hope the refurbished drone is good; mine was barely a month old. :(
Shouldn’t It Be Brand New ! Isnt That What You Pay For, Especially Since Yours Was New ??? Then What Good Is That Plan For, I Wouldn’t Want No Refurb, When My 2K Drone Was BRAND NEW !!! Right ???

Shouldn’t It Be Brand New ! Isnt That What You Pay For, Especially Since Yours Was New ??? Then What Good Is That Plan For, I Wouldn’t Want No Refurb, When My 2K Drone Was BRAND NEW !!! Right ???
Yep! That’s how it should be, but it’s not. I’m not thrilled, but the crash was my fault, so I guess I can’t expect a brand new replacement. I’ve bought plenty of refurbished power tools in the past and even a refurbished Apple iMac. They all looked and worked like new and I never had a problem. I’m hoping the same is true with DJI. I’ll let ya know! What really bothers me is that I can’t get anyone at DJI to tell me what determines who gets new and who gets refurbished.

Yep! That’s how it should be, but it’s not. I’m not thrilled, but the crash was my fault, so I guess I can’t expect a brand new replacement. I’ve bought plenty of refurbished power tools in the past and even a refurbished Apple iMac. They all looked and worked like new and I never had a problem. I’m hoping the same is true with DJI. I’ll let ya know! What really bothers me is that I can’t get anyone at DJI to tell me what determines who gets new and who gets refurbished.

I'd still ask for a repair quote, if practical, as it might be less than the Care Refresh charge, and it should be as good as new anyway.
Refirbs aren't too bad from most post I've ever seen here, but very occasionally people might get a lemon with a recurring fault from a previous ownership.

Reactions: Thomas B
I Have Both Mavic’s Pro, And Zoom, Thank Goodness I Haven't Hit Either One. I’m Also Glad I NEVER Purchased That Plan, I’d Be So (deleted by moderator) !! I Hope The VERY BEST FOR YOU !!! God Bless !

Attachments

• 94FC1D77-59C8-493B-B5E4-4245EE78D931.jpeg
    94FC1D77-59C8-493B-B5E4-4245EE78D931.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:
I got my first M2Z exchanged from DJI. The processing time was two days and the replacement was brand new.

They’ve already told me to expect a refurb, so we’ll see. BTW, I’ve attached the photos they took of the damage. 66450337-E6A4-4E5B-A4F1-095B9F7C6367.png

If you buy a new M2Z and M2P, both are going to come with either a standard RC or an SC, depending on the package you select.

Probably would make sense to get an SC for one and an RC for the other so you can switch which way you want to fly.

So, I received from DJI this morning that my Mavic 2 Pro is on the way back. The message says:

Mavic 2 Pro Aircraft & Gimbal and Camera
(Excluding BRA, CN, and JP) (DJI CARE)

It also lists a serial number that is different from the one I sent in, so it's not the same unit coming back. The decoder says it was built in Feburary 2020, but model unknown. I don't see an R or an S in the number, so not sure if it's a refurbed unit.

I'm assuming BRA means battery and CN is controller. What is JP? Could that be the props? I was told to send them in on the unit, so hopefully I'm getting them back.
I'll keep you posted on what actually shows up. All in all, this was a pretty fast process. I mailed it to the Grapevine, Texas repair center via UPS on March 19.

(Excluding BRA, CN, and JP)
Excluding Brazil, China and Japan ???

Reactions: GarthH
So, I received from DJI this morning that my Mavic 2 Pro is on the way back. The message says:

Mavic 2 Pro Aircraft & Gimbal and Camera
(Excluding BRA, CN, and JP) (DJI CARE)

It also lists a serial number that is different from the one I sent in, so it's not the same unit coming back. The decoder says it was built in Feburary 2020, but model unknown. I don't see an R or an S in the number, so not sure if it's a refurbed unit.

I'm assuming BRA means battery and CN is controller. What is JP? Could that be the props? I was told to send them in on the unit, so hopefully I'm getting them back.
I'll keep you posted on what actually shows up. All in all, this was a pretty fast process. I mailed it to the Grapevine, Texas repair center via UPS on March 19.
If the 5th to the last letter is a S or a R it’s refurbished if it doesn’t it new usually if it’s new it’ll be a number 1

Thanks! These are the last 6 digits: 01H003. If what you say is true (and the serial # in the notice from DJI is what’s actually on the bird), then it should be a new unit. Either way, I’ll be happy to have it back...

I hope you’re all safe and healthy!

Last edited:
Thanks! These are the last 6 digits: 01H003. If what you say is true (and the serial # in the notice from DJI is what’s actually on the bird), then it should be a new unit. Either way, I’ll be happy to have it back...

I hope you’re all safe and healthy!
UPDATE: Hi all, I hope you’re all well!
Today I received from DJI what appears to be a brand new M2P, not a refurb. All the little yellow stickers are on it, too! The 5th to last digit of the new serial # is ‘1’. The drone came in a new shrink wrapped DJI box and included a new set of props in addition to the perfectly good props I sent in with the damaged unit. I’ll test everything out tomorrow, but so far I’m happy!
Stay safe!

Reactions: Thomas B
UPDATE: Hi all, I hope you’re all well!
Today I received from DJI what appears to be a brand new M2P, not a refurb. All the little yellow stickers are on it, too! The 5th to last digit of the new serial # is ‘1’. The drone came in a new shrink wrapped DJI box and included a new set of props in addition to the perfectly good props I sent in with the damaged unit. I’ll test everything out tomorrow, but so far I’m happy!
Stay safe!
Glad to hear the news....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580