DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro deliveries to Europe

Yeah in hindsight I'd have ordered the extra battery at a later date as I'd far rather have 3 than just the 1, but I'd already had to restart the order process due to a declined card on the first attempt and didn't feel like starting again. Mine has just been delivered and it's only the drone so will have to chase DJI on the other bits.

Great to see lots of other people receiving theirs today too, can't wait to try it out.
Is there any UK stock for the batteries yet?

Don't want to complain or anything but mines arrived and that whole lightning port plug in the handgrip is still a piece of crap ;-)

Great pic, what editor are you using. I usually just use Snapseed for a quick tweak.

I am near Ambleside, Loughrigg is a nice easy walk with great views. Also from the top of Wrynose is an easy walk with some great views.
Not explored that much with the drone and usually only end up with quick phone edits.

Thanks Mal. I use Lightroom for edits and move things over to Photoshop if anything fancy needs to be done. This one was purely LR though. I’ll check out those location suggestions, thanks!

Arrived at work whilst I went out for lunch so at least someone was about to sign for it. Just unboxed al looks good, charging now, as all the batteries were dead.

I had a quick flight tonight on the way to work and tooks some HDR photos, not had time to look at them yet but it flew well and has a softer start so seems quieter than the Mavic Pro.

Manual says batteries should be in a low charge hibernate mode that require a charger to "wake" them.

Coupe of things when first flying:
1. Change storage to SD card as defaut is internal memory and that means you have to connect mavic via USB-C cable and have Mavic on and gimbal protector off (good for when forgot to put SD card in)
2. Nice to see option to charge phone from the controller, useful if battery is getting low.
3. Much softer start of the props, seems quiter.
4. The Mavic renders HDR straight away without you having to go in to the media
, not sure about panorama’s

Last edited:
As others have said this first firmware update is best done on the assistant 2, it still takes quite a while - do controller too they both need doing.
You can fly it without, just ignore the red bar thing. However there's quite a few significant things changed.
It's later on you can happily ignore update messages for extended periods.

Yes they were sleeping, charging bought them to life. Couldn’t resist not starting it up quickly last night.

Super impressed with the bottom light.

Attachments

• CFBC2CC9-704C-49BB-A882-43E4305989C9.jpeg
    CFBC2CC9-704C-49BB-A882-43E4305989C9.jpeg
    198.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 23DF1EFB-387D-48EF-8D7C-A6BC40BE0F6D.jpeg
    23DF1EFB-387D-48EF-8D7C-A6BC40BE0F6D.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 36
Mine went through processing and customs in China on Thursday, and then again same process in Hong Kong yesterday. It’s due to be delivered on Monday, but appears to still be in HK... let’s see what happens!

Yes they were sleeping, charging bought them to life. Couldn’t resist not starting it up quickly last night.

Super impressed with the bottom light.
You can choose manually to switch off and on with a front button in the menu.

Given theres no precision landing what purpose does the bottom light serve? (The press event even mentioned accurate landings!)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga