DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro deliveries to Europe

Given theres no precision landing what purpose does the bottom light serve? (The press event even mentioned accurate landings!)
It will be in an update, also you can see where it is from below, not tried it yet but it’s supposed to be bright.

Given theres no precision landing what purpose does the bottom light serve? (The press event even mentioned accurate landings!)

The light is to allow the optiflow camera sensors to work in low light conditions. Its not there for precision landings.

I have never activated Precision landing settings on any of my DJI drones and RTH returns to within a couple of inches.

Its simple procedure. Never use auto takeoff. Takeoff and fly to about 10-15 metres and hold; until you get home position updated. At ground level the GPS lock is pretty crap if any building around.

The light is to allow the optiflow camera sensors to work in low light conditions. Its not there for precision landings.

From the press conference "...to aid in accurate landings".

I have never activated Precision landing settings on any of my DJI drones and RTH returns to within a couple of inches.

Yes - because its using precision landing.

Its simple procedure. Never use auto takeoff. Takeoff and fly to about 10-15 metres and hold; until you get home position updated. At ground level the GPS lock is pretty crap if any building around.

Yes - thats precision landing. Any climb to 6m or higher without moving records the data required. That feature no longer happens on the new mavic (despite every drone Spark upwards supporting it).
So yes, you are using precision landing.

Now that our american friends is starting to have their new babies delivered I thought it was time for us Europeans to follow up on our deliveries.

I ordered a Mavic 2 Pro plus Fly more kit during the event with delivery to Sweden. Got a DHL tracking numer and heads up SMS on Friday. Last registred event is departed facility in Shenzhen on saturday, after that nothing.

How about you?[

I ordered my Mavic Pro 2 the 23/8 and I got it 31/8.
Telb

From the press conference "...to aid in accurate landings".

Yes - because its using precision landing.

Yes - thats precision landing. Any climb to 6m or higher without moving records the data required. That feature no longer happens on the new mavic (despite every drone Spark upwards supporting it).
So yes, you are using precision landing.

IMHO don't believe that was the reason it was included. Just an interesting sound bite. It would assist in a precision landing but only really if the Setting was on Auto. It would need to take the home point picture with the light on to be able to match on return.

But having the light does allow you to use the Mavic 2 indoors where you cant use a Mavic 1. That to me is a more significant reason for the feature.

Now I may be incorrect but I thought that Precision landing was a setting in the DJO GO 4 app that I never set?

Anyhow I will have to experiment a bit more with my Pro and Zoom. Weather and time permitting.

Cheers Thanks for your feedback.

Now I may be incorrect but I thought that Precision landing was a setting in the DJO GO 4 app that I never set?.

No. You CAN do an auto takeoff if you want but manually climbing to 6-7m does the same thing.
If you do that, assuming you have downward sensors enabled it'll use precision for landing on any RTH.

As a matter of interest what date did yours ship from China?

Mine departed China Tuesday 28th and no update online since, however a very helpful chap in DHL Dublin did tell me it was sent as a pallet (as others have reported), its in East Midlands at moment and after pallet clears UK customs it should be updated online, then wil sent to Ireland and but has to then clear Irish customs due to its origin being China
Any updates on your side? I got the same time stamps on my shipping 22:22 and 23:10 shipped on August 28th, still no updates at all here...

No update on mine now for near 2 days. Departed Schenzhen. Then vanished into the ether.

I wonder if theres a massive customs backlog and obviously they wont really be back at work until Monday.

IF its DHL which most europe (certainly UK) orders seem to be, where are you seeing delivery date?

No update on mine now for near 2 days. Departed Schenzhen. Then vanished into the ether.

I wonder if theres a massive customs backlog and obviously they wont really be back at work until Monday.
No update for now 5 days...

IF its DHL which most europe (certainly UK) orders seem to be, where are you seeing delivery date?

It shows it on the tracking page on the top right. I also received a text message on Thursday saying the same thing, as in Switzerland you can ask DHL to keep it for you if you’re on holiday or change the date / time of delivery.

Just bought it from official DJI store in Bulgaria - other retailers also have it in stock since friday. There’re still no additional accessories beside the fly more combo. Batteries, chargers and propellers will be available in one to two weeks.

It shows it on the tracking page on the top right. I also received a text message on Thursday saying the same thing, as in Switzerland you can ask DHL to keep it for you if you’re on holiday or change the date / time of delivery.

I don't see that anywhere.

Capture.PNG

It seems to be because it ended up in a pallet with its own waybill so tracking "vanishes". I guess they can't give a delivery until it reappears.

Maybe other countries with less demand got shipped individually so it gave a date.

It has to be said, im really unimpressed with DHL (first time ive had anything with them). I order a lot of things from HK and asia electronic and camera related, pretty much all arrive in 48hrs and all are tracked completely from the start (usually UPS).

Looks like mines on the same pallet/shipment, I'm expecting an update tomorrow with a Tuesday delivery (hopefully), they obviously don't work weekends

dhl.jpg

I emailed DHL asking just in case (and forgot it was Sunday), From what i gather it could randomly appear at any time so tomorrow isn't impossible.
Then again, if there are customs delays who knows.

Out of interest, when did you order?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos