DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro disconnected mid-flight and lost

I'd like to share my experience with the M2P battery and the claim of lost of MP without retrieving the AC. I'm currently have the M2P and the extreme tweaked MP and its the go to AC when I fly although M2P photo quality is awesome.
Here's my experience.
Lost MP in reservoir and unable to retrieve it. MP was flying good all along with 3 batteries. Had it since late 2017 during MP early release. Note that us in Singapore do not have care refresh. MP went under water in reservoir and couldn't retrieve it. Nothing to lose. Send A nice mild email claim with DJI. Be mindful that they can deny me anytime hence a nice email seeking for goodwill assistance is good. As usual, they'll ask for proof as I claimed it was due to battery sudden drop in power during flight. I don't have anything except a video and screen record. DJI later asked for flight log and I send it in. Guess what, I've got a replacement FOC. Thanks DJI although at that time lots are talking negative about their customer service. The MP is now with me with all the tweaks you can imagine. Now I always check for battery failure and bring along bat velcro strap to use should any of my battery gone puffy/bloated.

M2P
Bought FMC direct from DJI site during its release. 3 days after the battery warranty expired, I noticed all battery bloated. Some was obvious and some slightly. Send another email claim. DJI ask for the video and pics of battery on level surface to show the bloating extent. Guess I'm in good luck again. 2 Battery was replced and I submitted the 3rs one and replced too. I cannot say much about DJI Customer service except that they're no 1 to me. My advice is draft a good nice email seeking their assistance and hope for positive reply. Now I have 3 M2P spare batteries which I modded to become double M2P battery with all lead connected and working wonderfully.
Hope you guys have good luck too.
Cheers and keep trying in a nice request.

Hi all,

I was flying my Mavic 2 Pro today and it suddenly lost the connection and never returned. It was over water/along the coast, so I was unable to retrieve it or look for it on the ground. I have absolutely no idea why it happened, the connection was perfect and it was only 194m from me (I was bringing it back to land). There was no wind or other external factors, that I am aware of, and the battery was at about 75% at the time. It tried to return home after the connection loss but did not. I've attached the flight records, any help parsing them would be great. I also have DJI Care Refresh, but it is my understanding that it would likely not cover it since I could not retrieve it. Thank you very much.
same thing happened to me with my pro 2, cept my screen suddenly flashed up a box that i had not seen before. it said you will be disconected in 10 seconds and that was that. it did not return home and is now lost. i want to upload flight data to dji but am struggling to do this from the crystal sky screen. last drone i will buy. i now have a nearly new crystal sky ultra screen and fly more kit and a controller. they are not much use now! very disappointed

Speaking about batteries, here is how my then brand new second battery seated on the Mavic.

Luckily, the shop I bought had it replaced immediately.

I'm posting this video again so you guys can have a look on your batteries and compare it.
My original battery that came with my MP2 fits very loose. I bought a second battery and it does fit better. This does concern me.

Hi all, OP here with an update in case anyone is still having this issue/reading this thread. I ended up replacing the drone with their 30% off offer, though it wasn't much of a discount because it was just a unit/battery replacement and did not come with a controller. Over the winter after using it while traveling I had the two additional batteries I received as a part of the original fly more package I got begin to swell on me during flight. They never popped out on me, though. I just recently sent them in as after a few months of disuse they were still doing the same thing, and after some finagling DJI agreed to replace them even though they were out of warranty. The curious part of this is that I bought an extra battery about a month after I bought the fly more package, and it was stored in the same conditions and had the same amount of cycles as the others but did not have the issue. This leads me to believe I got some sort of defective batch in the fly more package that also could have caused my original crash. Obviously over a year after replacement I can't do anything about it, but just wanted to make it known in case anyone else had a similar issue.

Reactions: Camino Ken
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne