DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro disconnected mid-flight and lost

Speaking about batteries, here is how my then brand new second battery seated on the Mavic.

Luckily, the shop I bought had it replaced immediately.

I'm posting this video again so you guys can have a look on your batteries and compare it.

Happy to report in my case they are replacing the aircraft. Shown to be a malfunction in the air.
So thats a good result.

Good result, but a little strange. It's since been shown fairly conclusively that those recorded errors are related to battery connection issues - likely indicating an improperly latched battery. DJI has now replaced a couple of aircraft and declined another, all with the same errors.

Good news!!
However do you know the root cause of the issue? Did the drone just fall out of the sky? It sounds a bit scarry to me, assume that you are by chance in a public place and drone crash on someone what will happen then .... I think DJI needs to take the responsibility and make sure that it is not going to happen...

Good news!!
However do you know the root cause of the issue? Did the drone just fall out of the sky? It sounds a bit scarry to me, assume that you are by chance in a public place and drone crash on someone what will happen then .... I think DJI needs to take the responsibility and make sure that it is not going to happen...

Thats one of the reasons you aren't supposed to fly above things - or if you do, have insurance, and ideally have a drone with battery resilience. but yeah, it did just drop out of the sky by the looks of things.

Reactions: Waliaf
Happy to report in my case they are replacing the aircraft. Shown to be a malfunction in the air.
So thats a good result.

Congratulations and Interesting. I am still waiting on another response from the email I sent back to them 5 days ago, asking for another review or for them to just give me the 30% off coupon, but they have been frustratingly silent since. I wonder if there is any way I can refer them to your case to get a similar outcome?

Congratulations and Interesting. I am still waiting on another response from the email I sent back to them 5 days ago, asking for another review or for them to just give me the 30% off coupon, but they have been frustratingly silent since. I wonder if there is any way I can refer them to your case to get a similar outcome?
Have you posted your logs here previously? (sorry for being vague?!!)

@Simmo Yes, I believe I have posted everything I have in this thread already, I was the one who started it. If there is anything missing let me know.

Here's the final response back again after asking for another review, they are holding firm at 30%. If anyone has any advice on how to escalate it or get someone else to look at the data that has had success in getting a replacement it would be much appreciated.

We understand your disappointing feelings. In this case, we also want to figure out the main cause, because if it’s pilot error, we want to give advice to the customers and also if it’s not, we want to improve our products. However, based on the flight record that you've provided, it was not recorded. We do understand this was not the answer you are expecting and we are sorry to tell you the supervisor doesn't handle customers' cases directly, however, when necessary we do contact her for a solution. Also, the 30% off offer is already the best discount she can offer based on the analysis result while obeying the warranty policy.

Yes, I'm sorry austin1124, the thread was doing a lot of sub routines!!!
Mate, I'd say they are solid on the 30%.
Take it and get back in the air??
We tried!!!

Hi all,

I was flying my Mavic 2 Pro today and it suddenly lost the connection and never returned. It was over water/along the coast, so I was unable to retrieve it or look for it on the ground. I have absolutely no idea why it happened, the connection was perfect and it was only 194m from me (I was bringing it back to land). There was no wind or other external factors, that I am aware of, and the battery was at about 75% at the time. It tried to return home after the connection loss but did not. I've attached the flight records, any help parsing them would be great. I also have DJI Care Refresh, but it is my understanding that it would likely not cover it since I could not retrieve it. Thank you very much.

I had this happen about 9 months ago. Same scenario, lost in water. I also had care refresh. I had a couple of weeks of discussion with DJI, sent the logs to them and they concluded that it was a malfunction. They then replaced the Mavic 2 free of charge and even transferred my care refresh policy!

Reactions: Thomas B
I had this happen about 9 months ago. Same scenario, lost in water. I also had care refresh. I had a couple of weeks of discussion with DJI, sent the logs to them and they concluded that it was a malfunction. They then replaced the Mavic 2 free of charge and even transferred my care refresh policy!

Very interesting. Was there any information or specific line of communication with them that seemed to change their stance to a replacement response?

No, it was smooth all the way. I contacted them (with zero expectation), said what happened and they asked me to upload the logs. I did so then a week later they said they needed more info and told me how to get the detailed logs from my phone that I have the app installed on. I sent these off and again about a week later they responded saying it was a technical problem and I'd get a replacement. They never said what the problem was.

Since then I've had a couple of disconnections in flight but both times the Mavic auto landed fine. I'm tempted to get the new controller if it eliminates these problems. Anyone know if this is the case?

No, it was smooth all the way. I contacted them (with zero expectation), said what happened and they asked me to upload the logs. I did so then a week later they said they needed more info and told me how to get the detailed logs from my phone that I have the app installed on. I sent these off and again about a week later they responded saying it was a technical problem and I'd get a replacement. They never said what the problem was.

Since then I've had a couple of disconnections in flight but both times the Mavic auto landed fine. I'm tempted to get the new controller if it eliminates these problems. Anyone know if this is the case?

Do you have any record of the instructions they gave you to retrieve this data? They only asked me to sync my flight records, otherwise I sent them everything I could find/the same stuff I posted here. I'd certainly like to make sure I am retrieving and sending everything I have.

Do you have any record of the instructions they gave you to retrieve this data? They only asked me to sync my flight records, otherwise I sent them everything I could find/the same stuff I posted here. I'd certainly like to make sure I am retrieving and sending everything I have.

You posted the txt and DAT files, which are the only readable files with flight data. The aircraft DAT file would contain the definitive information on what happened - we can't read it but DJI can - but, since you were unable to recover the aircraft, that's not an option. If you sent them the txt and DAT files then they have everything useful at this point.

Hi all,

I was flying my Mavic 2 Pro today and it suddenly lost the connection and never returned. It was over water/along the coast, so I was unable to retrieve it or look for it on the ground. I have absolutely no idea why it happened, the connection was perfect and it was only 194m from me (I was bringing it back to land). There was no wind or other external factors, that I am aware of, and the battery was at about 75% at the time. It tried to return home after the connection loss but did not. I've attached the flight records, any help parsing them would be great. I also have DJI Care Refresh, but it is my understanding that it would likely not cover it since I could not retrieve it. Thank you very much.
Hi ,

And today it just happened to me, I was flying in a all city in Denmark, the connection was perfect, distance was in cos and I was not flying very high. At certain moment I got the error connection lost, and I saw then the M2P just going down it was crazy, the aircraft crashed two 60 meters from me, lucky there was no one on street. The front sensors are damaged, I cannot fly.

I have fresh care but the aircraft is also not very old. What should I do?

I am really getting tired of seeing these type of posts with lost connection on a Mavic 2 pro. I’ve had mine two weeks when the controller quit working. Would not allow the aircraft to go up. ended up having to send the controller back to DJI. Their shipping label that I used took five days to get the drone to them, another week for them to acknowledge they received it, three more days to check it out and repair it, and it’s going to take another five days to get it back. So I will have owned it for five weeks when I get it back and I’ve only been able to use it for the first two. Now I’m worried that even using it after the repair that I’m going to lose control and crash/lose it because of a disconnection/lost signal like everyone else. I may have to look into returning this and buying a different product. NOT HAPPY!

I am really getting tired of seeing these type of posts with lost connection on a Mavic 2 pro. I’ve had mine two weeks when the controller quit working. Would not allow the aircraft to go up. ended up having to send the controller back to DJI. Their shipping label that I used took five days to get the drone to them, another week for them to acknowledge they received it, three more days to check it out and repair it, and it’s going to take another five days to get it back. So I will have owned it for five weeks when I get it back and I’ve only been able to use it for the first two. Now I’m worried that even using it after the repair that I’m going to lose control and crash/lose it because of a disconnection/lost signal like everyone else. I may have to look into returning this and buying a different product. NOT HAPPY!

Yes, there are too many events taking place like this. I so regret selling the MavPro. Warranty is basically non-existent in this region. So, I have had my M2 for almost 2 months, hoping DJI will get the bugs out. I’ve flown it for ~3 hours.

Guys, anybody knows of any accessory that would securely hold the battery in place?

Seeing all these reports make me lose confident on M2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev