DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro disconnected mid-flight and lost

The 'inconsistent firmware' message before hitting the 'Go Fly' button definitely has to do with the batteries.
I have a new Mavic 2 Pro (which will be replaced due to focus problems and blur areas, but that's another story) with 2 additional batteries. When I plugged in the first additional after the enclosed one, I got the message as well with the 2nd.

First time I thought, I did something wrong, but the 2nd time it was clear, that it has something to do with the power.
Update was made the 2nd time offline, as the controller had all the updates available as it seems. Took about 2 mins.

Sorry for your loss. Hope you get a replacement soon! ✊

Reactions: Numone
The 'inconsistent firmware' message before hitting the 'Go Fly' button definitely has to do with the batteries.
I have a new Mavic 2 Pro (which will be replaced due to focus problems and blur areas, but that's another story) with 2 additional batteries. When I plugged in the first additional after the enclosed one, I got the message as well with the 2nd.

First time I thought, I did something wrong, but the 2nd time it was clear, that it has something to do with the power.
Update was made the 2nd time offline, as the controller had all the updates available as it seems. Took about 2 mins.

Sorry for your loss. Hope you get a replacement soon! ✊
Yep. That’s exactly what I experienced?? Sorry to hear about your HW issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: globetrotterdrone
DJI care policy is clear- crashed drone must be provided for coverage to be honoured.

Warranty is different story. It seems you are talking about warranty replacement based on flight logs. That does happen.

That may be their policy BUT, in my recent case with a 3 mo old Mavic Air, I could not recover my drowned drone, they did replace with a battery, a set of props at no charge. New drone arrived from California shipped UPS in about a week to Canada.....I suspect a failure is being identified by DJI. Examples of incidents / cases where customers have been fully compensated will help other flyers.....Happy / Safe flying. Just passed and registered my MA with Transport Canada.

Reactions: ff22
That may be their policy BUT, in my recent case with a 3 mo old Mavic Air, I could not recover my drowned drone, they did replace with a battery, a set of props at no charge. New drone arrived from California shipped UPS in about a week to Canada.....I suspect a failure is being identified by DJI. Examples of incidents / cases where customers have been fully compensated will help other flyers.....Happy / Safe flying. Just passed and registered my MA with Transport Canada.
Sound like a warranty replacement.

Sound like a warranty replacement.

DJI did not treat it as a warranty matter. In fact, during the initial analysis, the tech support group communicated they would offer a 30% reduction. Only when I pushed to interact / speak with a supervisor, did I get what I was hoping for. A total replacement.

You said "I believe the message is “inconsistent firmware” not update battery." hence I asked, what do you think it is?

You can replace the word “believe” with “think” if you prefer. I was just trying to express a small amount of uncertainty in my response sine I was not 100% sure.

You can replace the word “believe” with “think” if you prefer. I was just trying to express a small amount of uncertainty in my response sine I was not 100% sure.

I think he was asking which firmware you think it is referring to.

I think he was asking which firmware you think it is referring to.

Sorry, I don’t know, or for sure, don’t remember that answer. I don’t keep track of the the versions except that I always update to the latest. I “think” that I “believe” it might have been in the last six months. Just trying to be accurate in communicating the lack of precision of my response.

Reactions: sar104
Sorry, I don’t know, or for sure, don’t remember that answer. I don’t keep track of the the versions except that I always update to the latest. I “think” that I “believe” it might have been in the last six months. Just trying to be accurate in communicating the lack of precision of my response.

Right - but the point is that you were saying that the message referred to battery firmware - yes?

Right - but the point is that you were saying that the message referred to battery firmware - yes?

Yes, that is what I believed to be true when it happened. I had just updated the firmware (don’t remember the version) and had a different battery (I think) installed, and got that message in the GO4 app. Sorry, I can’t be more definitive or verbose, my short term memory has gone to ****. If I thought it was important to remember at the time I would have written it down but I didn’t so I didn’t. Sorry, I can’t be more help.

Edit: I should note than when it updated at that time it was very fast, which led me to believe it was for battery firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sar104
You can replace the word “believe” with “think” if you prefer. I was just trying to express a small amount of uncertainty in my response sine i was not 100% sure.
Yep, hence why I asked what you think it is? I’m not having a go - I’m genuinely interested in why you think it is not the battery FW at fault?

Yep, hence why I asked what you think it is? I’m not having a go - I’m genuinely interested in your think I would not be the battery at cause?

I think it was the battery firmware. See my post above.

Reactions: Numone
DJI did not treat it as a warranty matter. In fact, during the initial analysis, the tech support group communicated they would offer a 30% reduction. Only when I pushed to interact / speak with a supervisor, did I get what I was hoping for. A total replacement.

I am currently at this stage, was offered 30% reduction via email, emailed back with additional crash data @sar104 provided and am waiting to hear back.

Hi all, after getting the 30% reduction message and re-sending the .dat file with the errors, I received this message again today. Anyone have any advice on how to proceed to potentially get a replacement? It seems they are basically saying "we can't tell it was our fault, so it isn't" despite the fact that none of the circumstances they list (obstacles/interference, mobile device/controller disconnection) were valid in my instance. It is pretty clear to me that it was a technical malfunction that should be covered by warranty, but I am uncertain how to further prove it to them. Many thanks.

Firstly, we would like to start with an honest apology for the negative experience you've had with our product. The situation is not what we expect and we also want to try our best to help you if we can. We also want to verify the root reason for the incident. First of all, please let us explain how data analysis works. The data analysis mainly focuses on the data from two sources, one is the data inside the aircraft itself, another one is the data inside the application. Since the aircraft was lost, the data analysis had to be based on the data inside your application that was your flight record. While for the flight record, you could also check that through your DJI GO 4 app as well. The record ended at flight time t=06:37 then there was no more data available for us.

We appreciate the dat file record that you've provided, however, it was unable to verify from this record that there was a "technical malfunction". There were many possibilities which would lead to the interruption of the flight record. For example, if there are obstacles or interference blocking the remote signal, the disconnection would happen; The flight record would also interrupt if the mobile device and the remote controller is disconnected, Or it also has something to do with the mobile device itself. All of these didn't indicate the aircraft itself malfunctioned. The following message would appear when the battery is not installed well before taking off. Since the dat file in the flight record is not as complete as the data inside the aircraft, sorry that it was unable to figure out the main cause of the incident in this case.

For your case, it's unable to locate the main reason according to the flight records you provided, we cannot explain the detail of the incident or rule out any possible speculation. As such, we provide the 30% discount for this case. We greatly appreciate your support for DJI. Please consider if you need the offer and get back to us if there are any other questions.

Should you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.

Send them the Text that Sar104 pulled off the .Dat, and ask them to please explain these errors:

333.765 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||
333.765 : 21886 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] smbus_read CMD_POWER_STATE error||
334.619 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||
334.619 : 21936 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] smbus_read CMD_POWER_STATE error||
334.660 : 21939 [L-COMPASS][mag auto cali(0)] init|
335.207 : 21971 [L-FMU/LED]action changed. sys error:battery_status_data.communicate_err_status(9)
335.472 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||
335.472 : 21986 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] smbus_read CMD_POWER_STATE error||
336.325 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||
336.325 : 22036 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] smbus_read CMD_POWER_STATE error||
337.179 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||
337.179 : 22086 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] smbus_read CMD_POWER_STATE error||
338.032 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||
338.032 : 22136 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] smbus_read CMD_POWER_STATE error||
338.885 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||
338.885 : 22186 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] smbus_read CMD_POWER_STATE error||

Send them the Text that Sar104 pulled off the .Dat, and ask them to please explain these errors:

333.765 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||
333.765 : 21886 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] smbus_read CMD_POWER_STATE error||
334.619 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||
334.619 : 21936 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] smbus_read CMD_POWER_STATE error||
334.660 : 21939 [L-COMPASS][mag auto cali(0)] init|
335.207 : 21971 [L-FMU/LED]action changed. sys error:battery_status_data.communicate_err_status(9)
335.472 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||
335.472 : 21986 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] smbus_read CMD_POWER_STATE error||
336.325 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||
336.325 : 22036 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] smbus_read CMD_POWER_STATE error||
337.179 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||
337.179 : 22086 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] smbus_read CMD_POWER_STATE error||
338.032 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||
338.032 : 22136 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] smbus_read CMD_POWER_STATE error||
338.885 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||
338.885 : 22186 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] smbus_read CMD_POWER_STATE error||

Sorry if I wasn’t clear before, I sent them this error and asked for an explanation in my last exchange along with the file it was retrieved from and that was the response they gave.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7