DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro DIY Case....

Reactions
When I purchased my MP2 w/ Smart Controller and Fly More Combo, I was super limited on hard shell case options. I went to Harbor Freight and purchased their 4800 Series Apache case, the Home Depot for a can of spray Plastic Dip and this is how it all turned out!!! Even has room for my portable aviation radio to monitor local air traffic! Not bad for less than $75. IMG_5319.JPGIMG_5321.JPGIMG_5324.JPGIMG_5325.JPGIMG_5326.JPG

When I purchased my MP2 w/ Smart Controller and Fly More Combo, I was super limited on hard shell case options. I went to Harbor Freight and purchased their 4800 Series Apache case, the Home Depot for a can of spray Plastic Dip and this is how it all turned out!!! Even has room for my portable aviation radio to monitor local air traffic! Not bad for less than $75. View attachment 76280View attachment 76281View attachment 76282View attachment 76283View attachment 76284
What did you plastidip? I have the same case for my M2P and it’s all black.

What did you use the Plastic Dip for? "Gluing" the foam blocks in place or together?

That’s rhe only thing I could think of, the case and foam come in all black, but It won’t melt the foam? To be honest I would be worried about what the drone is touching, I’ve seen foam melt plastic before when it was stored for a long time due to some weird chemical reaction between the two inconsistent plastics.

Reactions: ff22
What did you plastidip? I have the same case for my M2P and it’s all black.

After I “plucked” the foam pieces and made everything fit how I wanted, I removed the foam section and sprayed it with the PlastiDip to help keep it in one piece going forward. I never store the case in any place that gets super warm so I haven’t seemed any melting together or anything. Good advice I will watch and make sure it’s not doing anything g weird. Sorry I should haven taken more pictures when I was actually doing the project.

I have the same case and love it. I'm in the process of using white shipping foam to make the dividers now that I've used the pluckable foam to organize everything. It seems to hold up better than the pluckable foam.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini