DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro DOWN

"
I am not blaming opstical avoidance. As I stated in the original post "THIS WAS PILOT ERROR" I screwed up. I am not looking to blame opstical avoidance for not avoiding this. It would be rare for it to catch a skinny little cable. Again this WAS pilot error. An expensive one.

It is the pilots fault if he allows his drone to come into collision with cables and or power lines. I'm just saying. Its the pilots fault. I was the one responsible for the aircraft. It was my fault.

It best to stay above opsticals. STAY AWAY FROM POWERLINES.
Always good advice, reminded me of my childhood introduction to the horror genre..

The drone has been amazing. I put myself in a bad spot to get a pic. I actually thought there is no power line about me. Im centered over a small street.

Once I began to ascend I herd it :eek: :confused:

If it can happen. It will! the odds of a single cable right where i went up.:(
Don’t waste your time with trying to figure out what happened wrong. It was pilot error and we have all had (pilot error) so suck it up and send to Thunderdrones. He is honest and is a great guy to work with. I hate it for you and feel your pain. Don’t beat yourself up though, you didn’t hurt anyone. Be thankful for that! Next time you will be a little more careful.

I will "shoot" you an email when it gets here @lil Glock

Don’t waste your time with trying to figure out what happened wrong. It was pilot error and we have all had (pilot error) so suck it up and send to Thunderdrones. He is honest and is a great guy to work with. I hate it for you and feel your pain. Don’t beat yourself up though, you didn’t hurt anyone. Be thankful for that! Next time you will be a little more careful.

I assure you that there has been no time wasted in figuring out what happened wrong. I knew at the time I had put myself in a bad situation.

My baby "Angel 1" Is already with Dr. Rob @ Thunderdrones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
I'm a bit sick to my stomach over this.
any help is appreciated.

I hit a power line and it went down on a dirt and gravel road hard. broke the back left leg and front left motor now only spins one way.

It was stupid Pilot error. So where do i go to get repairs?
Hope you had Dji Ins

If we need Grammar correction we will ask for it ,Thank You
I don’t know; if I misspelled a word or used one incorrectly, I’d like someone to point it out. That’s how we improve.

Dang sorry you were not as lucky as me, but i had the same thing happen.
Have you tested tracking on yours to see if it has any issues holding the subject after it crashed?

FYI YOU GOT REALLY LUCKY

Last edited:
W2EJ - Is that your contribution to this thread of a crashed drone ? well OK but I would think at 73 yrs old you would have learned how to use spell checker by now and that would help you to improve.

Power lines are notoriously difficult to see. From the air, one would often just see the pylons and not the lines, which is why sometimes they add those orange balls on it to increase visibility to aircraft. I am not surprised the sensors don’t see it. Hope it won’t cost you too much to get it fixed up.

I'm a bit sick to my stomach over this.
any help is appreciated.

I hit a power line and it went down on a dirt and gravel road hard. broke the back left leg and front left motor now only spins one way.

That's a very bad pilot error why were you flying near power lines in the first place

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun