DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro "Dronie - Orbit" crashes app and won't process

serfy

Reactions
I rarely fly my Mavic 2, but was giving a lesson to someone and said "watch this". Went to shoot a "dronie orbit" and upon processing the app crashed. It appears to be downloading, then processing, then goes back to downloading and boom-done. I have to quit the app and relaunch, at this poiunt nothing happens when you click on thumbnail and requires another relaunch.

I've updated the firmware, tired a different card, tried shooting to both the internal memory and a card, tried using my older ipad (have an Iphone 12) and still nothing. The other simpler functions seem to be working just fine. Shot the standard "fly backward" dronie and it worked perfectyl.

Any thoughts, or WTF's?

Welcome to the forum from the land of Oz, can't help you with this problem but I can give you a WTF. Haven't had this problem with my app, it will be interesting to see if anyone else has.
regards

Reactions: serfy
I rarely fly my Mavic 2, but was giving a lesson to someone and said "watch this". Went to shoot a "dronie orbit" and upon processing the app crashed. It appears to be downloading, then processing, then goes back to downloading and boom-done. I have to quit the app and relaunch, at this poiunt nothing happens when you click on thumbnail and requires another relaunch.

I've updated the firmware, tired a different card, tried shooting to both the internal memory and a card, tried using my older ipad (have an Iphone 12) and still nothing. The other simpler functions seem to be working just fine. Shot the standard "fly backward" dronie and it worked perfectyl.

Any thoughts, or WTF's?
First would be to delete app. Turn drone completely off (no restart). Turn on and reload app and try again.

Thanks for all the welcomes! I've been a member of Inspire Pilots for a long time now.

I WOULD think that the app reload would have a better chance if I hadn't tried it on two different devices. Seems like that would've eliminated it. I'll give it a try...

... and another Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona!
Howdy! I have been supplying drone for the live feed for the Arizona Open now for the past 3 years. It's at Arizona Cycle park, a motocross race at a track south of Buckeye. That's about as Arizona desert as it gets! Luckily it's in December!

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest