DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro filter selection, which ones should I have in my case

SXViper03

Reactions
Hi All,
I just got a Mavic 2 Pro and am looking to buy filters for it. I have the PolarPro cinema series for my Mavic Pro which came with the following filters ND8, ND16, ND32, 4PL, 8PL and 16PL.
The cinema series for the Mavic 2 Pro comes with ND4, ND8, ND16, ND4/PL, ND8/PL and ND16/PL. I see you can buy any combination of filters from PolarPro in the cinema series and was thinking of buying the same combination that came with my Mavic Pro filters (ND8, ND16, ND32, 4PL, 8PL and 16PL) so I have an ND32 in the mix. What are your thoughts for the right 6 pack combination? Or would you suggest going with another brand that comes with more filters (ie Freewell).
BTW I originally bought the PolarPro Standard Series 3 pack (ND8, ND16 and ND32) on sale from Best Buy for $45 but was going to return them as I found out they aren't coated which can cause lens flare. I appreciate any input you all have. Thanks!

Reactions: 174Nuno
The originals filters 4,8,16,32 are excellent.

I experienced problems with Freewell filters, if you compare the weight, they are not heavy enough leading to gimble malfunction sometimes.
Here are the measurements:
Filter Weight;
Original 3,528 gr

Freewell
Nd 4 1,499 gr
Nd 8 1,518 gr
Nd 16 1,498 gr
Cpl 1,667 gr
Nd32pl 1,797 gr
Nd64pl 1,772 gr

Hi All,
I just got a Mavic 2 Pro and am looking to buy filters for it. I have the PolarPro cinema series for my Mavic Pro which came with the following filters ND8, ND16, ND32, 4PL, 8PL and 16PL.
The cinema series for the Mavic 2 Pro comes with ND4, ND8, ND16, ND4/PL, ND8/PL and ND16/PL. I see you can buy any combination of filters from PolarPro in the cinema series and was thinking of buying the same combination that came with my Mavic Pro filters (ND8, ND16, ND32, 4PL, 8PL and 16PL) so I have an ND32 in the mix. What are your thoughts for the right 6 pack combination? Or would you suggest going with another brand that comes with more filters (ie Freewell).
BTW I originally bought the PolarPro Standard Series 3 pack (ND8, ND16 and ND32) on sale from Best Buy for $45 but was going to return them as I found out they aren't coated which can cause lens flare. I appreciate any input you all have. Thanks!
Definitely go to the Cinema Series for the PP filters. I bit the bullet and have them ND and PL from 4 though 64. Don’t find much use for the extremes. Just try 8, 16, 32.

Having not used ANY filters yet on new mavic 2, should i go with the 3 pack or is there that much of a difference with 6? I'm not a professional photographer but would like to improve. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird