DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro for pro use??

Stoney B

Reactions
Don't know if ithis the right area, if not im sorry & this is my first post as a new member. My budget just barely lets me get the 2 pro, I've checked on what videographers charge and my question is: is the hasselblad good enough to use for real estate, etc. I've noticed quite a few use the inspire. Am i just chasing the wind but can money be made with that setup? I'd appreciate any honest comments, I'm not looking for a "yes man ans." Thanks and apolo

Reactions: M2Pro
Don't know if ithis the right area, if not im sorry & this is my first post as a new member. My budget just barely lets me get the 2 pro, I've checked on what videographers charge and my question is: is the hasselblad good enough to use for real estate, etc. I've noticed quite a few use the inspire.
It's more than good enough for real estate photography.
An Inspire is overkill and is a cumbersome drone to take on the road.
The Mavic has several advantages in use.

I'm using a M2P for real estate with very satisfactory results. Love the form factor, would not want to lug an Inspire around even as nice as they are. Real estate does not need broadcast quality footage and the pictures from the M2P are plenty good enough for realtors.

I'm using a M2P for real estate with very satisfactory results. Love the form factor, would not want to lug an Inspire around even as nice as they are. Real estate does not need broadcast quality footage and the pictures from the M2P are plenty good enough for realtors.
Any tips on getting into Realestate aerial photography? I've been trying to purse this for a little extra cash!

Any tips on getting into Realestate aerial photography? I've been trying to purse this for a little extra cash!
Are you sure there's a thing to get into?
I used to get consistent work from several real estate agents but it's over two years since any called me.
Drones are cheap enough that they have their own now or their interior photographers have added one to their equipment.

Thank you. What are the limits of that camera in terms of uses, calendar pis, stock fotos and the like
Thanks again for your reply.

Don't know if ithis the right area, if not im sorry & this is my first post as a new member. My budget just barely lets me get the 2 pro, I've checked on what videographers charge and my question is: is the hasselblad good enough to use for real estate, etc. I've noticed quite a few use the inspire. Am i just chasing the wind but can money be made with that setup? I'd appreciate any honest comments, I'm not looking for a "yes man ans." Thanks and apolo
Thank you for the quick response. Much appreciated.

Are you sure there's a thing to get into?
I used to get consistent work from several real estate agents but it's over two years since any called me.
Drones are cheap enough that they have their own now or their interior photographers have added one to their equipment.
Yeah. I got 2 Real Estate agents in the neighborhood that bought drones themselves. Didn't work out for them either. No money. The "virtual tour" guys got them if you want to add them for free. But.... they have some neat toys, just the wrong brand.

A drone is a tool just like a camera. If you depend on the automated features you’ll never be a good real estate or any other sought of photographer or videographer. First learn about the technical side of exposure, aperture, shutter speed frame rates and ISO, then learn about light and composition. Then see what tool you need to do the job. A M2P is more than man enough for real estate and in fact with its 100 Mbps transfer rate it has a certain edge over the Inspire.

Reactions: Greenflash
Final compression of your 4K 10bit beautifully graded clip into an HD 8bit MP4 file for their website or YouTube link is the weakest point in the chain. I was very disappointed to see this happening. Mavic 2 Pro is for that reason only more than good enough. It’s size is also better fit for real estate than the much larger Inspire since you can fly much more ‘deeper’ into the house using it as a dolly and crane as well, even inside the house.

It's superb for the job. One tip, always sharpen the images from DNG in post for any architecture shots. Makes the building stand out.

M2P is definitely up for the job. Plenty of capability, but remember you need to be licensed (Part 107) to do commercial drone work. More details here: Become a Drone Pilot

Reactions: AMann

If you are in the US,

1. Get your 107 certificate if you haven’t already.

2. Check out this thread for techniques: Real Estate Aerial Photography and Video Techniques Links

3. A good link for contract work, but you must have a valid 107 to sign up:

4. Start knocking on real doors.

5. Keep your day job and good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member