Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Mavic 2 Pro gimbal cover suggestions

marklyn

Reaction score
The manufacturer gimbal cover is decent to secure the gimbal during transport but I think the design to get it on/off could be a bit easier than what it is (my opinion).
I'd like two gimbal covers, one for when I'm traveling that is *easy* to get on/off, yet secures the gimbal.
Second one is one that doesn't have to lock the gimbal but protect it from accidental bumps for when my M2P is on my desk while I'm doing things with it.

Anyone have any ideas on one or both of these types of gimbals. Would be interested in seeing any of your after market gimbals and the purpose for why you got them over the OEM.

CanadaDrone

Reaction score
I use this one, and I think a lot of others do too:

It's made by "Sunnylife" but several other companies seem to re-brand it.

Dead simple and takes up less room. If you want an even more snug fit you can put a little thin foam tape on the insides. Only downside is most if not all aftermarket M2P cases have cutouts for the OEM gimbal cover, so you may find that the drone doesn't sit perfectly in some cases with exact cutouts for the M2P.

IShouldBeWorking

Reaction score
Loc
Salt Lake City, Utah
I use this one, and I think a lot of others do too:

It's made by "Sunnylife" but several other companies seem to re-brand it.

Dead simple and takes up less room. If you want an even more snug fit you can put a little thin foam tape on the insides. Only downside is most if not all aftermarket M2P cases have cutouts for the OEM gimbal cover, so you may find that the drone doesn't sit perfectly in some cases with exact cutouts for the M2P.
Thanks for the tip! Just cost me $9 but it should pack much nicer with my gear than the DJI one. Well worth it.

Reactions: CanadaDrone

marklyn

Reaction score
Just got my polarpro gimbal cover for my Mavic 2 pro. It sure takes some effort snapping on and snapping off. But, more than that, it sure seems like it's putting pressure on the gimbal arm... not sure if I'm going to keep it or not...

Thomas B

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Loc
Gilbert, Arizona
Somewhere there’s a user video on just that. It demonstrates that the gimbal is only moved about 1mm.... just enough to be solidly held.
I love mine still and have been using it for about 6 months.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjrmurph