DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro gimbal cover suggestions

marklyn

Reactions
The manufacturer gimbal cover is decent to secure the gimbal during transport but I think the design to get it on/off could be a bit easier than what it is (my opinion).
I'd like two gimbal covers, one for when I'm traveling that is *easy* to get on/off, yet secures the gimbal.
Second one is one that doesn't have to lock the gimbal but protect it from accidental bumps for when my M2P is on my desk while I'm doing things with it.

Anyone have any ideas on one or both of these types of gimbals. Would be interested in seeing any of your after market gimbals and the purpose for why you got them over the OEM.

I use this one, and I think a lot of others do too:

It's made by "Sunnylife" but several other companies seem to re-brand it.

Dead simple and takes up less room. If you want an even more snug fit you can put a little thin foam tape on the insides. Only downside is most if not all aftermarket M2P cases have cutouts for the OEM gimbal cover, so you may find that the drone doesn't sit perfectly in some cases with exact cutouts for the M2P.

I use this one, and I think a lot of others do too:

It's made by "Sunnylife" but several other companies seem to re-brand it.

Dead simple and takes up less room. If you want an even more snug fit you can put a little thin foam tape on the insides. Only downside is most if not all aftermarket M2P cases have cutouts for the OEM gimbal cover, so you may find that the drone doesn't sit perfectly in some cases with exact cutouts for the M2P.

Thanks for the tip! Just cost me $9 but it should pack much nicer with my gear than the DJI one. Well worth it.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Just got my polarpro gimbal cover for my Mavic 2 pro. It sure takes some effort snapping on and snapping off. But, more than that, it sure seems like it's putting pressure on the gimbal arm... not sure if I'm going to keep it or not...

Somewhere there’s a user video on just that. It demonstrates that the gimbal is only moved about 1mm.... just enough to be solidly held.
I love mine still and have been using it for about 6 months.

Having just aquired a Mavic 2 pro I found the gimbal cover awkward to fit so I modified it by removing the hinged part. On fitting the cover I found it was far easier to fit and remove. The gimbal is free to some extent but nowhere as near as having the cover off.

Any thoughts on this modification please.

The gimbal is not stabilized with your mod of the stock gimbal cover. The inside part is to stabilize the camera.

I use the Polar Pro as well.

Here’s a look at the PolarPro gimbal lock that I use... not perfect, but the best currently IMHO.
“A picture is worth a thousand words” Thanks for taking the time to make that video! Very informative. I’ll be ordering that when I order my M2P!

Reactions: Thomas B
“A picture is worth a thousand words” Thanks for taking the time to make that video! Very informative. I’ll be ordering that when I order my M2P!
I didn’t make the video... It was made and sent to me when I asked a bunch of questions about the PP gimbal lock.

I have abandoned my stock gimbal cover for the Sunnylife/Threeking version. I got mine in a 2 pack and it does the job much better than the stock cover IMO. I almost opted for the PP cover, but after reading about the tight fit and people saying it placed a lot of pressure on the gimbal/arm I decided not to buy one. I'm quite happy with the ones I have now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98