DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro...gimbal scratches etc

I just got mine delivered. B&H ordered 08/24

The box has some damage from shipping, not much but clearly wrinkled.
Inside the box I saw damage in the corners on the left side, where the front sensor is, and the folded rear leg.
Gimba cover was partially popped off.
gimbal is scratched. It was pushed into the plastic posts with the rubber holding the bottom of the gimbal.

IMG_2352.JPG IMG_2349.JPG IMG_2348.JPG

Inside the box I saw damage in the corners on the left side, where the front sensor is, and the folded rear leg.
Gimbal cover was partially popped off.
gimbal is scratched. It was pushed into the plastic posts with the rubber holding the bottom of the gimbal.

B&H will replace it, I'm sure. I have been doing business with B&H for years and they have made right every problem that I have ever had even if it was caused by the shipper.

They might offer a discount for the damage if you think that it is only cosmetic.
If it was other that the gimbal I might ask for that. Your call...

Reactions: Kingram
The gimbal scratches the rear are not from shipment. It is from mounting the gimbal onto the drone. I just received mine and the scratches are so far forward, that it is impossible for me to even push the gimbal that far back to produce the same length of the scratch. There is no way that happened during shipment. I am sure the scratches happened during the installation from careless workers.
Anyway, good thing the scratches are just scuffs from the plastic dampener mounts. It rubs off easily and now it looks new after wiping it down.
Gimbal cover does not produce any marks on my gimbal.

I've made my peace with it. I haven't tried removing the small scratch, maybe I should, but as long as the drone works fine (and it does so far). I'm happy. I can't be bothered going through the process of getting a new one for the sake of a minute scratch.

Reactions: Chopstix Kid
I did not send mine back either.
Flew it yesterday for the first time. Got all 3 batteries full and drained to about 30% for my vacation that starts today(writing this at the airport)

Everything was fine, stable and fast(sport mode is a little scary actually)
Tripod mode on the switch is awesome!
Side sensor works about 50% of the time, but the front and back is crazy good. Detected up to 25ft, even taking off was difficult when I was standing too close behind the drone.

I did not send mine back either.
Flew it yesterday for the first time. Got all 3 batteries full and drained to about 30% for my vacation that starts today(writing this at the airport)

Everything was fine, stable and fast(sport mode is a little scary actually)
Tripod mode on the switch is awesome!
Side sensor works about 50% of the time, but the front and back is crazy good. Detected up to 25ft, even taking off was difficult when I was standing too close behind the drone.

The lateral sensors will only work in tripod and active track I believe, otherwise they are turned off.I hope they will enable them to be activated in other modes later as I bet they can be a dronesaver in certain situations. I haven't tried the active track yet, but I will be doing when the wind gets down.

I'm very impressed with the M2P so far. It seems to fly much better than MP and is rock solid.

Have a great holiday and take some awesome pics and footage! :)

My M2P just came in this morning and I too have a scratch on the gimbal toward the back of the mount. I haven't flown it yet, as I'm just did the firmware dance and I'm still charging the last battery.

I've made my peace with it. I haven't tried removing the small scratch, maybe I should, but as long as the drone works fine (and it does so far). I'm happy. I can't be bothered going through the process of getting a new one for the sake of a minute scratch.
The lateral sensors will only work in tripod and active track I believe, otherwise they are turned off.I hope they will enable them to be activated in other modes later as I bet they can be a dronesaver in certain situations. I haven't tried the active track yet, but I will be doing when the wind gets down.

I'm very impressed with the M2P so far. It seems to fly much better than MP and is rock solid.

I like that " Rock Solid " so I have to ask which mobile devices are you guys using ? , Thanks

I was testing in tripod mode.

Half the time the sensor did not detect me. Drone was at 4-5ft. Maybe Im just too small :D
I havent tried active track yet. Ill have to find a big open space to do that.

I was testing in tripod mode.

Half the time the sensor did not detect me. Drone was at 4-5ft. Maybe Im just too small :D
I havent tried active track yet. Ill have to find a big open space to do that.

I'll also test this as soon as I can and get back to you. I'm quite a big guy so it shouldn't have problems detecting me :D

I like that " Rock Solid " so I have to ask which mobile devices are you guys using ? , Thanks

I’ve been using both an iPad Pro 9.7 and a decommissioned Galaxy S6 depending on my mood. I’ve got I think six batteries flown on the iPad and two the S6.

Reactions: Kingram

Gimba cover was partially popped off.

View attachment 45717 View attachment 45718 View attachment 45719
Did you send it back to B&H photo ?

This is from a pilot on facebook-I can almost guarantee the scratches are being made by DJI workers putting on this camera clamp that seems rather difficult at the beginning.. Pushing to hard on the gimbal will make contact with the 2 sharp damper tabs on the back of the gimbal where it seems these scratches are coming from.
Me: With the Gimbal cover on can the Gimbal move at all where it could bang around and do any damage ?
No.. once its put in place its solid.. It is only when you are placing it that i am assuming this damage is coming from. If you force it in the gimbal will push back and make contact with the damper tabs where it seems this "scratches" are coming from. Users where reporting that it was happening on flight but that is not the case at least with my drone. These scratches were made during packaging probably rushing the job placing the clamp on the gimbal at DJI. Even now when I place the gimbal clamp in you have to be a bit delicate if you dont' want to damage it.
Me:I wish they would switch to a hard rubber cover .
Thoughts ?
Jesus this is really bothering me. Yes you are right the scratches are absolutely coming from those 2 tabs but not because of gimbal clamp. It happens during flight I promise you. That rear roll motor makes contact with those two dampener hooks chafing down the plastic on the hooks. I promise you it’s during flight, not because of the gimbal clamp.

i see alot of excuses flying around trying to justify the issues with the Mp2,
all of these problems should have been discovered in research and development and im sure they were but dji likely figured users would be awe struck with the 1 inch sensor and over look their poor engineering .
Your absolutely right. I noticed the scratches on my second flight. Apparently dji cant test fly their drones and find issues like this? Unacceptable any decent company would test their products properly.

They were too busy getting units out to their shills...I mean reviewers

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast