DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro...gimbal scratches etc

I just noticed scratches on mine at the rear of the gimbal. I don't think they came this way from the factory, but have no way of knowing.

In my case, it looks like the rear of the gimbal will make contact with two metal pieces at the rear of the Mavic2P Gimbal housing. I always put the clamp/cover on, but perhaps if everything isn't solid, this happens.... or, maybe it happens while putting on the cover. ? Dunno.

2v2J87tZExvn42L.jpg

2v2J87tQHxvn42L.jpg

Anyone else have these same scratches?

And here is my new PolarPro filter if anyone is curious. Haven't flown with it yet. Noticed the scratches while putting it on...

2v2J87tb2xvn42L.jpg

I bought Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller about one week ago. As this is later production device, it came with the protective sticker at the back of the gimbal. ..original gimbal protector is just plastic junk, and after two times of removing it and placing it back (carfully), I've spoted tiny scratches on the top of the camera. The original "protector" is back in box and I've ordered the gimbal lock by Polarpro, whitch seems to do much better job in protecting the camera / gimbal and not scratching it instead.
However the back of the gimbal getting scratched by the two plastic "legs". I still had sticker on the back of the gimbal, with no marks on it and after second test flight, I've spoted the scratch (luckely on sticker only). This wasn't done by original protector, it was in the box already. The gimbal simply move on rubber feets, so I think, that when the drone accelarate, gimbal can go backward and hit the plastic legs. This is how I've fixed it, using harded foam. Works perfect, as the foam stop the gimbal from hitting the plastic legs and it doesn't effect the movement eather ;)IMG_4701.JPGIMG_4702.JPGIMG_4703.JPG
IMG_4699.JPGIMG_4700.JPG

Reactions: Tree_Top_Flyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos