DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Intelligent Mode

Kelpfish

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I was flying my Mavic 2 Pro today and went into Quick Shots. Once I was done I could not then shoot stills while in the Intelligent mode. However, I could not figure out how to get completely out of Intelligent flight mode so I could get back to shooting stills. Is there a trick to that while flying? Can't find any tutorials on this topic.

One more issue. When I did do Quick shots CIRCLE it really did not do a good job. The subject went out of frame and looked wonky...it is not really usable. I was over the ocean shooting a protruding rock system (3-4 protrusions in a small 20 yard area in open water). I focused, put the drone in quick shots, chose circle, then drew my center area and hit go. Perhaps I need to draw a larger area instead of a small center part of the reef to keep the whole reef in the video. Any ideas on how to optimize this or Quick Shots in general?

Thanks.

Joe

Reactions: Dave Maine
To exit the intelligence flight modes you can hit the pause button and then the X, or just toggle the flight mode switch to S mode briefly. I have only used the circle mode once and it seemed to work OK but hopefully others will chime in.

And I think you're correct that the poor tracking during the Quick Shot is due to being too close / having too small of a radius of circle. That can be tested at length before doing any recording.

Chris

And I think you're correct that the poor tracking during the Quick Shot is due to being too close / having too small of a radius of circle. That can be tested at length before doing any recording.

Chris
Thanks for that. I just posted this in the DJI forum and hopefully will provide more context of my dilemma. Today I was shooting over the ocean trying to do Intelligent Mode Circle over a protruding reef. I set the Mavic at the height and distance from the reef I wanted. Unfortunately, the drone starts out fine but then greatly increases its distance from the subject. There is no user interface on my Smart Controller to tell the drone to maintain the same distance as set before hitting go. There is an online tutorial that states to make sure you set the distance you want or the drone will fly farther away from the subject than you want, but that tutorial did not tell you how.

It would be nice if there were a menu icon that allowed you to tap to main distance and elevation as the drone's current position. But since there isn't (at least that I can find) I need to learn how to crate uniform circles (maintaining the same user-desired distance all around the subject).

This would partly explain what I was experiencing, so any advice on setting distance would be helpful.

Thanks, everyone.

The problem with Quick Shot Circle Mode is: it can't understand the object that you want to circle around when the object doesn't have a simple shape or standout color. I always experience that as well, when I choose an object that has complex shape.
I think Points of Interest (POI) is more accurate since it uses GPS. You fly over the object, look down, select any object as a point on the map. And click go. It'll circle around perfectly. No matter how complex or obscure the object is.
I think Quick Shot depends on shape, color, contrast. POI depends on location.
To quit Quick Shot mode, look at the left side of your screen, hit the red X button (quitting quick shot). THEN tap once again on the Intelligent Mode button to QUIT Intelligent Mode ALTOGETHER. Now you're back at normal mode.

Reactions: Gindra and Kelpfish
The problem with Quick Shot Circle Mode is: it can't understand the object that you want to circle around when the object doesn't have a simple shape or standout color. I always experience that as well, when I choose an object that has complex shape.
I think Points of Interest (POI) is more accurate since it uses GPS. You fly over the object, look down, select any object as a point on the map. And click go. It'll circle around perfectly. No matter how complex or obscure the object is.
I think Quick Shot depends on shape, color, contrast. POI depends on location.
To quit Quick Shot mode, look at the left side of your screen, hit the red X button (quitting quick shot). THEN tap once again on the Intelligent Mode button to QUIT Intelligent Mode ALTOGETHER. Now you're back at normal mode.

Thanks. That makes sense. I just did the Circle mode against a gray, steel baseball backdrop for batting. It did the same thing but low contrast (with mesh screen) which probably confused it. Going to just do it with a person wearing something colorful to ensure it maintains distance. Then will try your suggestion.

Here is a shot of the reef. I can see how easily the drone might get confused. I locked onto the largest protruding rock, but the drone took on a mind of its own.

Appreciate your feedback.

Joe

Attachments

• DJI_0040.jpg
    DJI_0040.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Reactions: fguthrie and PS01
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics