DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro & iPad 11 - Go 4 doesn't "see” the drone

CB Rio

Reactions
Just got a Mavic 2 Pro. Everything works fine connecting the remote controller to my iPhone XS Max.
Connecting with my very recent iPad 11 is a different story. The Go 4 app get stuck on the page where you connect to the drone or just see video. Nothing happens and I am unable to get past that. I have tried connecting using the USBC-adapter, which came with the drone, and a purchased cable - neither work.
Does anyone have an idea of what's happening and what to do? I would really appreciate help from the pros.

I really wish I could help. I have only connect my M2P to my iphone and my 9.7 ipad and fortunately didn't have any issues with either. Surely there is someone on here who can get you headed in the right direction.

Just got a Mavic 2 Pro. Everything works fine connecting the remote controller to my iPhone XS Max.
Connecting with my very recent iPad 11 is a different story. The Go 4 app get stuck on the page where you connect to the drone or just see video. Nothing happens and I am unable to get past that. I have tried connecting using the USBC-adapter, which came with the drone, and a purchased cable - neither work.
Does anyone have an idea of what's happening and what to do? I would really appreciate help from the pros.
I spent about $100 on various cables and adapters and nothing worked. I finally went to verizon and purchased a USB-c to a USB cable. The micro would not work but the standard USB on the controller is where you want to connect to. Cable was $22 for braided.

Hi Rider29206,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience and results. I'll definitely try that.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Hi Rider29206,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience and results. I'll definitely try that.
My “C” will only work plugged in one way into the IPAD although they say you can plug it in either way. Make sure it is plugged in all the way.

My “C” will only work plugged in one way into the IPAD although they say you can plug it in either way. Make sure it is plugged in all the way.

If that's true, something is wrong with either your cable or your port :) USB-C, by design, is 100% reversible and the exact same contacts are in play regardless of which way you insert it.

Sounds like you might have a loose connection or something, and one orientation is simply tighter, allowing for the connection in the first place - there is absolutely no difference in terms of orientation assuming a connection is made.

In case you were not aware, there are iPad/iPhone "Data" cables and iPad/iPhone "Charging" cables. Charging cables are just that, charging only, no data.

I'm running M2P and a 1 year old iPad 10.5" and the cable that came with the iPad and it connects just fine.

I purchased some extra cables and when I did, spent the extra money for all data cables so I would not grab the wrong one heading out the door to fly

CB Rio - Did you ever get your iPad 11" working with your M2P ???

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661