DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Issue - Need advice

bash1987

Reactions
Hi, in need of a bit of assistance. Last week i bought a new Mavic 2 Pro from a UK retailer. Today was the first proper flight (Yesterday's flight was cancelled 3 mins in due to a "High Wind Velocity, Return ASAP" message.). Previous experience of flying drones is with a Mavic Air which i've had for a while so i felt fairly comfortable with operating it. All firmware was updated a few days ago.

Had a GPS lock and compass calibration was done this morning before the flight. Had it set to P mode.

* i noticed at times the drone was not hovering at times rather drifting up.
*About 15 mins into flight this happened again and it didn't respond to the control for it to descend. It actually momentarily stopped responding altogether even though there was no issues being flagged on the ipad display. I had to press RTH before i started responding again.
*I then had an error to say that some sensors weren't working properly (can't remember which)
*As it came in to land it didn't slow down even though it was already coming at down at a very slow speed and slowly bounced off the ground, luckily it wasn't damaged and i tried again which went fine.

I inspected the craft and noticed an error on the tablet which said ultrasonic module data error, contact DJI support.

I have since inspected the flight log and can confirm that it was increasing in altitude without responding to the control for it to descend before i hit the RTH button. It doesn't seem to show the sensor error that i had in the flight log.

Any issues what might be wrong with it? Does it need to be replaced?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi, in need of a bit of assistance. Last week i bought a new Mavic 2 Pro from a UK retailer. Today was the first proper flight (Yesterday's flight was cancelled 3 mins in due to a "High Wind Velocity, Return ASAP" message.). Previous experience of flying drones is with a Mavic Air which i've had for a while so i felt fairly comfortable with operating it. All firmware was updated a few days ago.

Had a GPS lock and compass calibration was done this morning before the flight. Had it set to P mode.

* i noticed at times the drone was not hovering at times rather drifting up.
*About 15 mins into flight this happened again and it didn't respond to the control for it to descend. It actually momentarily stopped responding altogether even though there was no issues being flagged on the ipad display. I had to press RTH before i started responding again.
*I then had an error to say that some sensors weren't working properly (can't remember which)
*As it came in to land it didn't slow down even though it was already coming at down at a very slow speed and slowly bounced off the ground, luckily it wasn't damaged and i tried again which went fine.

I inspected the craft and noticed an error on the tablet which said ultrasonic module data error, contact DJI support.

I have since inspected the flight log and can confirm that it was increasing in altitude without responding to the control for it to descend before i hit the RTH button. It doesn't seem to show the sensor error that i had in the flight log.

Any issues what might be wrong with it? Does it need to be replaced?

Thanks in advance.

Just a shot in the dark........have you removed ALL clear plastic protective covers?
Perhaps @Thunderdrones , @Meta4 or @sar104 can help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axelous