DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic 2 pro lost at sea. first flight brand new drone

Ah ..... Sparky I think that if you try that you will find that it resets the home point to where the controller is at that particular moment in time and that it does not continually update the home point. So if you move from the new home point you will have to manually reset the home point again etc etc ad infinitum. That is how it worked when I tried it, on land.

Possibly because they did not get the answers that they wanted and perhaps contrary to what they wanted.
The OP hasn't even logged into Mavic Pilots since they posted their message.
He hasn't seen the answers that have been posted.

Ooops wrong button press deleted the other post

Possibly because they did not get the answers that they wanted and perhaps contrary to what they wanted.
I am not saying that it is what has happened here but I do think it does happen.

You dont need to login to read a thread. I often read via a not logged in phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RMS001
Hey did DJI stand behind product and give you a warranty replacement?
Based on your error notification they should .
Going forward if flying over water check out drone-retriever .com for some insight on water events.

• Haha
Reactions: RMS001
Definitely not a good idea.
Out on the water, it's an unforgiving environment.
Just one simple mistake can mean going home with one less drone.
But don’t these drones fly themselves and know everything the pilot is thinking (or not thinking)? So the pilot isn’t responsible for ANYTHING that goes wrong, it must be the designers fault, or a ‘fly away’

Reactions: hiflyer201
Hey did DJI stand behind product and give you a warranty replacement?
Now you got me curious ... care to expand that a little, why should this case be covered by DJI?

Even though no logs have been provided ... or the OP have showed up again after posting & given us further insights, it pretty much look like he flew out with a tail wind, drained the battery to low before turning around, got confused & got a low battery auto landing straight into the water in the end.

So far I can't see anything besides pilot errors ..?

Based on your error notification they should .
What error notification ... can't see that the OP mentioned any ?

Pardon ... but isn't your post just a bad disguised sales pitch?

Last edited:
Reactions: GarthH
After applying some pressure dji have offered me 30% discount off a new drone but there prices are high and they dont have payment plans. i wanted a repalcement but they wouldnt budge over the 30% discount.

Doers anybody know what options i have?

So you have enough money to afford a boat but you need a payment plan to replace a drone? Offhand I'd say that a 30% discount is pretty darn generous of DJI considering your drone was lost due to pilot error. My advice would be to gratefully accept the 30% and learn how to fly on land before you try launching from your boat again.

Oops. Made a post to the wrong thread. This thread was definitly pilot error as a result of not knowing that wind speeds increase sometimes dramatically with elevation which will draw down the battery very quickly on a return to home. Still much can be learned about water events and recovery devices.

Hi, i flew my brand new manic 2 pro off my boat on a nice calm day. return to home flashed up due to being only enough battery to rth, i agreed. the battery started discharging quickly then it started to land. at this time the drone wasn't easy to locate on the screen or compare to reality so in other words i didnt know where it was. about1km from home it crashed into the water. (this was a replacement so i have flown before).
" (this was a replacement so i have flown before)." Not too successfully by the sound of it...

Reactions: spudster

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO