DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Lost near Hyde routine Waypoint Mission.

Lasidora

Reactions
Mavic 2 Pro - Litchi/Android Samsung S9 & SC

Hello, never thought i would be posting this on here, I am ultra careful when planning waypoint missions, I always make sure they are within RC range for unexpected events like this, anyway, from my location here near Stockport, from the back top room of the house I have a great path as it rises up slowly towards Hyde/Werneth, I plotted a mission & initiated the 250ft AGL using the online data option as I have done countless times, the mission flew flawlessly, made the end point great signal back, full video feed, then as the craft turned around, it went towards the next return point on the same path home (all in one straight line) the craft froze I still had camera control etc, but if flat out refused to move forward or backwards, nothing was in the way, I had obstacle avoidance turned off due to low sun etc, but nothing would work, hitting RTH initiated but the craft still would not move, video feed showed I could still move the camera gimble, I tried raising the altitude still no movement, dropped altitude then I lost connection, big mistake, I kicked myself for that, anyway smart RTH was not on as I launched on a full 100% battery, I was anticipating a landing return of 40% at least, I got in the car & drove to where I think it could have been, 1 hour of searching the fields, no joy, I'm well gutted, after flying tons of local missions without a single hitch this has never happened before, I@m going to upload the logs & pray someone can pinpoint the last known position to at least try one more time to locate it, thanks guys. I was using Litchi with Android S9, even quickly tried swapping to my smart controller which are both binded to the Mavic 2 Pro just incase it was that but still no joy.
I've attatched the zipped flightlog & mission files, thanks for any help guys, gutted here.

Attachments

• 2021-03-06_13-03-34_v2.zip
    169.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Home to Hyde Memorial half mile steps.zip
    507 bytes · Views: 6
It really looks like it was an altitude zone from Manchester airport that prevented you AC to proceed ... in below picture you have the DJI FLY Safe Zone map with the altitude zone marked ... max 150m or 492ft. Pasted in is from your Litchi log, marking the place where the AC stopped.

(Click on all pictures below to make them larger)
1615048940223.png

According to the log the down & uplink was somewhat choppy ... in the outbound direction you had some short glitch in position ... the timing between the 2 points in the log was only 0,5sec ... but the AC position change dramatically & in between those positions you had 2 different altitudes ... the one inside the altitude zone 491ft= nearly 150m ... & at the second position the AC was outside the zone & the altitude there was 567ft=173m. So this is why you managed to get out of the zone.

The 2 positions with timings & altitudes below ...

1615049509609.png

1615049542923.png

On the way back the AC tried to enter the zone at a altitude of 536ft=163m & was stopped.

1615049957839.png

Two possible positions can be found in the log ... one where the AC was stopped & one just in the very end of the log. Both positions can be read off under the 2 charts below ...

1615050072596.png

1615050094268.png

Thanks, that makes perfect sense, the drone was obviously rising in altitude according to ground level, then on last waypoint trying to come back it was too high & hit the altitude barrier, I'm going up to that field again in morning to have another proper look for it, thank you so much for your analysis of the data, I'm hoping it landed at the point in the 2nd set of pics, it had 53% battery at that point no wonder the RTH refused to work, as it would have tried to do so at current altitude.

*** was at the exact place shown, undamaged thankfully **

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54