DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Low Light Shot, "After glow in the City by the Bay"

Wow... what a wonderful picture. You must be a professional in photography anyway...

Very nice!
Question I have is how does one fly safely within the city? I’m always fearful of a heli loafed with tourists flying by, let alone the coast guard. Did you have to contact a tower or something ahead of time?

No tower in the city, but a sharp lookout for heli's is required. Fortunately they are plenty loud. Heli's around here generally fly well above 400 feet AGL, but the Coast Guard is sometimes an exception. My photos were shot within plain line of sight and relatively low AGL altitude. It also helps to have a second pair of eyes.

Reactions: esmattcrna
That’s a hell of a shot! I am always looking for new launch points as there is a lot of restrictions in SF.

Where did you launch from? Would love to capture this myself next time I’m in the city.

I found Lombard street is a great place to get some long exposures (see below):

774efff56c75fdd6f6c78ff2644d453e.jpg

Cheers!

That’s a **** of a shot! I am always looking for new launch points as there is a lot of restrictions in SF.

Where did you launch from? Would love to capture this myself next time I’m in the city.

Cheers!

Nice shot! Most of the restrictions in SF are in the Golden Gate National Recreation area which covers much of the Northern and western waterfront. If you check Airmap, you will see that the eastern waterfront, where this shot was taken, is pretty open. Just be safe and discreet and watch for low flying coast guard helicopters.

Reactions: Ibulleti
Nice shot! Most of the restrictions in SF are in the Golden Gate National Recreation area which covers much of the Northern and western waterfront. If you check Airmap, you will see that the eastern waterfront, where this shot was taken, is pretty open. Just be safe and discreet and watch for low flying coast guard helicopters.

thanks!

Reactions: SteveCA
My long exposure Lombard shots were using:

[emoji991]:f/2.0, iso 100, and 8 second shutter speed (longest you can go in DJI app)

Hope this helps

Wow, 8 seconds and still sharp is amazing. Did you use a ND filter? my shot was F4.0, iso 100, .6 second. I would guess that 8 seconds at F2 would be totally overexposed without an ND filter. It must have been a calm evening too? My shot was taken on a windy night. Half my shots were not sharp due to drone movement and long exposures. BTW which drone was used in your shot?

Wow, 8 seconds and still sharp is amazing. Did you use a ND filter? my shot was F4.0, iso 100, .6 second. I would guess that 8 seconds at F2 would be totally overexposed without an ND filter. It must have been a calm evening too? My shot was taken on a windy night. Half my shots were not sharp due to drone movement and long exposures. BTW which drone was used in your shot?

0 ND filter.. still awaiting my shipment on ND filters.

There were about 10 MPH winds so I was extremely surprised (pleasantly) w/ the capabilities and the steadiness of the drone.

This is the Mavic 2 Pro.

That’s a **** of a shot! I am always looking for new launch points as there is a lot of restrictions in SF.

Cheers!
What an amazing picture [emoji7]

Great shots guys! Since we are on a long exposure topic, just thought I'd share one of mine here too.. This was 3 secs.

DJI_0423-X3.jpg
My favorite so far of all shared - I absolutely LOVE this POV making the shot of such symmetry and uniqueness at the same time. Simply lovely! Great job!!

Reactions: JDawg and Bmroche
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom