DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Low Light Shot, "After glow in the City by the Bay"

Great shots. I am just surprised that you weren’t surrounded by police or DHS cops moments after launch. Were you flying from a psycho colored VW bus for camouflage?

Can you share setting information? Well done.

Thanks, This was shot in RAW DNG, ISO 100, .6 second shutter speed, F4.0, manual white balance at 4000k. I processed it in photoshop with noise reduction added. Some folks might have done an AEB multiple shot deal but this was from a single shot.

This thread has taken a detour from the original post, but i love all of the shots!!

Great shots. I am just surprised that you weren’t surrounded by police or DHS cops moments after launch. Were you flying from a psycho colored VW bus for camouflage?

first of all, the SF police are cool with drones, and the flight was 100% legal. secondly, I always fly from discreet locations just so that I don’t attract attention to myself. That includes launching quickly and not hovering anywhere where there are people around. Lastly, this bird is very quiet and hard to detect. And finally, I routine fly from inside my truck, launching from the truck bed cover lol...

Even though my flights are 100% legal, I am fully aware that many folks don’t like drones or their pilots so I am out of sight and out of mind.

btw, there is a psycho colored VW bus that routinely drives around tourists in this exact spot lol...

Last edited:
that is a great shot. what were your settings? Mavic 2 pro?
That is not his shot, He just copied and posted it here, I believe. That is the advertising shot directly from DJI's advertising pages. Unless of course he can show us that he was the photographer that DJI employed to take that shot, and to that photographer, it was a great shot, by the way.

Reactions: Bmroche
My long exposure Lombard shots were using:

[emoji991]:f/2.0, iso 100, and 8 second shutter speed (longest you can go in DJI app)

Hope this helps
How on earth did you keep it steady for 8 seconds???? I haven't been able to get a steady (sharp) image out of mine at less than 1/8th of a second.

My favorite so far of all shared - I absolutely LOVE this POV making the shot of such symmetry and uniqueness at the same time. Simply lovely! Great job!!

I appreciate the kind words. Cheers!

How on earth did you keep it steady for 8 seconds???? I haven't been able to get a steady (sharp) image out of mine at less than 1/8th of a second.

♂️

I am not sure, I even forgot to use tripod mode. I took a bunch of 4 through 8 seconds and most turned out good.

I have been pretty impressed with the stability of the bird. Probably just the right conditions.

Do you need special permission to fly over downtown San Francisco or places like Lombard Street?

‍I am not sure, I even forgot to use tripod mode. I took a bunch of 4 through 8 seconds and most turned out good.
Tripod mode wouldn't make any difference.
The name makes it sound like it would hold the camera still but it doesn't.
Tripod mode just slows down speed and joystick sensitivity to make flying in confined spaces safer.
It has no effect on photography.
Sharp exposures to two seconds shouldn't be hard to get in reasonably calm conditions.
Beyond that you need very still conditions and have to take several shots to have a good chance of getting something sharp, but it is possible.

Reactions: Bmroche
Wow these night shots are amazing! I am struggling with getting night shots. You guys are going full manual mode and setting it all yourself? I don't even know where to begin in some cases, its either so blown out or I can't adjust some settings low enough.

Wow these night shots are amazing! I am struggling with getting night shots. You guys are going full manual mode and setting it all yourself? I don't even know where to begin in some cases, its either so blown out or I can't adjust some settings low enough.

Go full manual mode, ISO 100, F3.2-4.0 for sharpness, shutter speeds of .5-1 second depending on how bright your night subject is, white balance set manually to around 4000k but you should play with it to make sure colors come out the way it looks to the naked eye, shoot in RAW so that you can make adjustments post. Apply noise reduction in RAW to both luminance and color noise. I use around 50% for each. adjust saturation and color temperature to your liking.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev