DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - new owner

RadioFlyerMan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I've been flying a Mavic Pro Platinum since August, 2018, waiting around for the mythical M3. Well I just made my first flight on my new M2P.

My overall reaction to the M2P is that somebody on this forum messed up and forgot to PM me to stop flying the toys and get with the big boy stuff! :D

So I'll do it...
To all you guys still hanging on to the MP and MPP, stop flying the toys and get with the Big Boy stuff! There is no comparison with the M2P on any level. Just gather a pile of money and throw it at DJI. And don't wait for the M3. You are going to need a lot of learning on the M2P, with its plethora of capabilities, the massive camera, etc., before you can think about handling any new stuff on the mythical M3.

There... now you know. Don't say nobody told you!

(PS. It is my experience that Beach Camera, a supplier on Amazon, will give you really old, used batteries.)

I've been flying a Mavic Pro Platinum since August, 2018, waiting around for the mythical M3. Well I just made my first flight on my new M2P.

My overall reaction to the M2P is that somebody on this forum messed up and forgot to PM me to stop flying the toys and get with the big boy stuff! [emoji1]

So I'll do it...
To all you guys still hanging on to the MP and MPP, stop flying the toys and get with the Big Boy stuff! There is no comparison with the M2P on any level. Just gather a pile of money and throw it at DJI. And don't wait for the M3. You are going to need a lot of learning on the M2P, with its plethora of capabilities, the massive camera, etc., before you can think about handling any new stuff on the mythical M3.

(PS. It is my experience that Beach Camera, a supplier on Amazon, will give you really old, used batteries.)

I don’t consider the platinum as a TOY. 800 + spent on a drone is no toy. At least not where I come from.

Last edited:
welcome to the forum.
also i got a few newer batts available if interested?
He’s been a member for over 2 years and if you have batterys to sell
please list them in classifieds. ?

Good to know!

Glad to hear the new “toy” has found a golden spot in your heart. Sounds like the old one is going out to pasture.
Oh no. It has the special power of hack ability. I’ll never give that up. ?

I don’t consider the platinum as a TOY. 800 + spent on a drone is no toy. At least not where I come from.
I understand. I was just being dramatic.
But seriously, the MPP will always be in my air force. There are things it can do that no other drone, M2, M3 or whatever, can do. That’s why I keep buying new batteries for it before they show up in antique stores. I’m up to 11 now. Obsessive!

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
I understand. I was just being dramatic.
But seriously, the MPP will always be in my air force. There are things it can do that no other drone, M2, M3 or whatever, can do. That’s why I keep buying new batteries for it before they show up in antique stores. I’m up to 11 now. Obsessive!

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]. I have been buying batteries also. Thanks and good luck with your new M2.....

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan

My overall reaction to the M2P is that somebody on this forum messed up and forgot to PM me to stop flying the toys and get with the big boy stuff! :D

So I'll do it...

The last of my die hard MPP crew has upgraded! The end of an era to be sure but old MPP served us well. I’ve been cheating on my MPP with my new main squeeze I2 and I know what you mean about toys. Gotta hand it to DJI they really have major steps up in their products unlike other technology companies I whom I won’t publicly demonize (cough Apple cough)

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan

So I'll do it...

Welcome to the M2P!! I loved mine from the first flight! Only problem I have had is that the original batteries all became duds after only 35 charges. Wrote to DJI and never got a reply. Disappointing!

The last of my die hard MPP crew has upgraded! The end of an era to be sure but old MPP served us well. I’ve been cheating on my MPP with my new main squeeze I2 and I know what you mean about toys. Gotta hand it to DJI they really have major steps up in their products unlike other technology companies I whom I won’t publicly demonize (cough Apple cough)
Yes, but I'm keeping it around for SP capabilities. I'll bet that I2 is really something! Can't afford it right now, or maybe ever. Besides, I've got a lot to learn about the M2P, especially the application of the camera before moving on to something better. ;)

Welcome to the M2P!! I loved mine from the first flight! Only problem I have had is that the original batteries all became duds after only 35 charges. Wrote to DJI and never got a reply. Disappointing!
Thanks. Yeah, I've been reading about the battery issue as I learn about the M2P.

FYI... my M2P came with one battery, mfg 7/2020. It was in hibernation mode as it should be.
Then I ordered two more batteries from Amazon (returnable), fulfilled by Amazon, but sold by Beach Camera. Big mistake. Neither one was in hibernation, both were mfg 10/2018, both did not have the original DJI outer box, and one had 3 charges on it already. I knew it was a risk to buy from some "camera shop". Anyway, they are at the UPS pick up point right now to get my money back. And I just ordered two new ones direct from DJI. You get what you pay for.

• Wow
Reactions: Icelandman
i hope you get as much pleasure from your M2P as you have from the MPP as long as my trusty MPP keeps on flying i have no plans to upgrade ,i hope that you have many happy hours flying before you with whatever drone you have in the air

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada