DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro not connecting after several good flights.

HoozierDroneDaddy

Reactions
I have flown several missions with my new M2P and it has flown flawlessly. This morning, when I started everything, the controller said ready to go, however, the DJI GO4 app said disconnected. I restarted the bird and everything went fine. Flew two batteries without an issue. This evening I passed a lake coming home with a beautiful sunset. I stopped, set everything up, pre-checks, and again the controller said ready to go but the camera would not come on and the GO 4 said disconnected. The motors would start (was not going to try to take off, just checked motors.) I tried restarting the Mavic and controller, same results.

I came home, bound the controller and Mavic. Same results. You can control the motors, but cannot get any connection with the bird, setting show no Mavic info, batts, about, settings, anything. I tried to bind again, binding went through but still no bird information.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Hoping it does not have to go back to DJI.

When you say "controller" not connecting, are you talking about the phone screen and app?
Because if the remote control was not binding, you wouldn't be able to start motors.
the CONTROLLER is the part with the control sticks, the DEVICE it where the app and video display is.

Hello, are you using apple or android for a tablet or phone, and is your cable connection good? If you are using for example an iPad, you need a good shielded cable from the USB port to tablet. RF interference from your RC can affect the connection.
Just a thought.......

Greg

I'm glad Go4 makes a clear distinction between disconnect between RC and device Vs RC and AC.
Go3 was ambiguous and misleading on this point.

Thanks all for your quick responses. I replaced the cable from the Controller to the iPad. All is good now. The cable I was using was a new one that had only been used for about 8-10 flights. Will check for some better quality cables and replace all of these. I keep 2-3 spares in my case. Thanks Again. Great bunch here!

Thanks all for your quick responses. I replaced the cable from the Controller to the iPad. All is good now. The cable I was using was a new one that had only been used for about 8-10 flights. Will check for some better quality cables and replace all of these. I keep 2-3 spares in my case. Thanks Again. Great bunch here!
I'd be interested too.

I have been using the USB connect on the bottom of the controller. I am finding the connector going into the side of the iPad becomes bad after a few uses. Had one actually come apart when taking it off. So will do some research and also contact some people in the commercial arena to see who has had the best luck and with what cable. Will post here with results.

Reactions: William Stinessen
Do you also own a M1P? I am asking as I was out trying to fly and could not connect... I found out I took my old M1P controller with me...:oops:

OK Guys, Did some checking with SAR, Commercial, and Mapping groups, the below cable has good recommendations. It is a little longer that I prefer (6-8 inches), however, I can deal with 1 foot vs the long ones that many use. I ordered 2 for each bird as I have a case for each and have everything needed in each case so I can just grab and go.

Thanks to all that responded!

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerL...195477&sr=1-1&keywords=anker+powerline+ii+1ft

Last edited:
Reactions: Kingram
IMHO any Anker brand cable is good for IOS devices. I have started using the branded covering ( my cats won't try to eat it)
From the MP forum, Anker was the hands down favorite to cure connection problems.

IMHO any Anker brand cable is good for IOS devices. I have started using the branded covering ( my cats won't try to eat it)
From the MP forum, Anker was the hands down favorite to cure connection problems.

Yes Turn11, That was the same opinion I received from the sources mentioned above. So, the order. Thanks...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu