DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro or Phantom 4 v 2.0

Flextcy

Reactions
I currently have a Mavic air 2 and was looking at doing some commercial drone work since I passed my part 107. Most jobs I’ve seen the air 2 is compatible with so I was looking at adding either the phantom 4 of mavic pro 2. Probably going to be doing real estate and inspection type work. Wondering what everyone’s thoughts were on which would be the better drone to buy some they are similarly priced. Any thoughts?

I currently have a Mavic air 2 and was looking at doing some commercial drone work since I passed my part 107. Most jobs I’ve seen the air 2 is compatible with so I was looking at adding either the phantom 4 of mavic pro 2. Probably going to be doing real estate and inspection type work. Wondering what everyone’s thoughts were on which would be the better drone to buy some they are similarly priced. Any thoughts?
P4P is better with video but photos are the same. M2P is better in every other way. You honestly might look at an Inspire 1 with an X5 camera for not that much more if you want to have a 2 drone hanger. If you get a M2P or a P4P you probably won’t use the MA2 for much.

Inspire is a whole other animal though, it’s really a 2 pilot drone if you want to do video.

I had a Phantom 4 (original) and now have a Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic Air 2. I'm 107 also, and have been doing some occasional Real Estate work. Although the newer Phantoms have a much better camera than the original, I can attest to the bulky nature of the Phantom series compared to the Mavic. Everything is just bigger and louder. IMO, the Mavic 2 Pro is the way to go for basic commercial work. It's simple JPG photo output is perfect for Realtor's needs, and it's relatively quiet while getting the mission done.

Besides much more noise, weight and size, I would also consider the fact that you will much more often see the props in your videos. Forward speed much over 15 mph you might see them but in deceleration you almost always see them. Not a big fan of flying backwards to avoid them. Also the props make a 350 pano much more difficult as you always pick them up when the drone looks up.
My V2 still drifts on hover and won’t fly straight most of them time. It’s a known issue with the P4 plus V2.
Camera difference:

optics I can’t tell much difference the Phantom May be a bit sharper in extreme corners. Distortion is about the same. Phantom has a mechanical shutter you can use for stills.

range, I have never found my Phantom V2 to get great range and signal seems to drop much faster.

MP2 with latest firmware did see an improvement for range at least from my testing.

phantom will always be much easier to hand catch. At least for me.
As I shoot most manual panos I rarely fly my phantom since it’s so prone to yaw during hovering it makes 6 to 9 segment panos much harder.

Paul C

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada