DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom?

CetanHamilton

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I am kind of stuck right now. I do not know whether to get the pro or the Zoom. I have never used a drone for photography or video before. I am looking to take a lot of Long exposure photos. In the long run, it would be ideal to have both however I am going to get one to start out. Can anyone help me? Thanks

-Ché

Reactions: Photo Beaty
If you search on this forum for “Pro vs Zoom” you will get potentially hundreds of opinions and comments. The only difference is in the camera. For me I got the Pro because of the better camera. If you want to get closer to things (without flying closer) and save some money, the Zoom is a good choice as well.

I come from a background in photography using DSLR cameras. I bought the Mavic 2 pro because I wanted high quality still shots from the air. A friend bought the zoom because he envisioned doing mainly videos and wanted to get close up views without having to get so close.

Thank you for your feedback. I am pretty sure tha I will be buying the Mavic 2 pro! It seems like the better option. And why not put out the few extra hundred for tre Breyer camera if your already spending that much. Thanks again!

If you search on this forum for “Pro vs Zoom” you will get potentially hundreds of opinions and comments. The only difference is in the camera. For me I got the Pro because of the better camera. If you want to get closer to things (without flying closer) and save some money, the Zoom is a good choice as well.

I do plan to look up those forums. I will
Be getting the Mavic 2 Pro because it seems like the better option and more bang for my buck! Thank you!

Shop a bit. I bought my M2P from a user on this site NIB, with manufacture date within 3 mos, for $1K shipped. It’s a great bird.
How can I be so sure that the drone would be in such good condition? And you got lucky I think because I have never known anyone to sell their M2P!

How can I be so sure that the drone would be in such good condition? And you got lucky I think because I have never known anyone to sell their M2P!
Seller was a photo business owner who ended up with an extra. It was NIB with pics of same and never had shrink wrap removed. I did have to shop awhile. Communicated with seller for info needed beyond the original info offered. Have seen a few similar deals.
I agree... everyone likes the M2P, even with some limitations and learning curve beyond 1st gen birds... I kept my Spark (kind of a nitch bird) and my MPP.

I got the M2Pro last week for stills, Image quality is great considering its not DSLR (Canon 77d used) I'm more than happy with the quality, I not to impressed with Night photography so far but very confident that's down to me not using manual settings yet. (feels like to much going on already so until I'm used to the other stuff and its second nature im on auto, Seen enough great looking night shots to confirm this already)

Reactions: CetanHamilton
IMHO extra money you will spend for Pro can be used to buy few extra batteries for Zoom. You can still make outstanding images with zoom.
Flying invisible at 200 feet high and using x4 zoom looking down is amazing.
Plus M2p camera is no better than Phantom 4 advanced. Heck its not even 4k60fps

Reactions: Pontoon-pilot
From what I am reading...the photo fans get the m2p, and the video fans (or not pros) enjoy the zoom more.
I have both cameras (zoom and pro) and the 4x seem less zoom in 1080P video is really nice. You don't have to record the video, but have to switch to video mode to get the 4x zoom viewing ability.
In photo mode you only get 2x zoom.

I got the M2Pro last week for stills, Image quality is great considering its not DSLR (Canon 77d used) I'm more than happy with the quality, I not to impressed with Night photography so far but very confident that's down to me not using manual settings yet. (feels like to much going on already so until I'm used to the other stuff and its second nature im on auto, Seen enough great looking night shots to confirm this already)
Hi-Not sure what you're shooting at night.Here's what I do for city lights/buildings:2 seconds at F/2.8 ISO 200 or 400 exposure bracketing(I do 3 stops) and works well for a start.You can do 5 exposure bracketing too.You can of course blend the 3 or 5 exposures in Lightroom/Photoshop or other program.Light wind of course is better.Good luck

Hi-Not sure what you're shooting at night.Here's what I do for city lights/buildings:2 seconds at F/2.8 ISO 200 or 400 exposure bracketing(I do 3 stops) and works well for a start.You can do 5 exposure bracketing too.You can of course blend the 3 or 5 exposures in Lightroom/Photoshop or other program.Light wind of course is better.Good luck

Oh I know its me don't worry not moved out of auto yet :) but thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB