DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro poor flight distance 2,260 feet

Is it possible that a antenna is disconnected on the inside of the remote .
Reading the old leader boards in distance runs some people were getting crazy good distance. 100% stock and getting well over 25 000 feet . My old iron can’t do those numbers

It's obvious OP is not in beginner mode. If he were, he'd be limited to something like 50' up and 100' out.

Distance setting has no effect if you have the option turned off, which is the default.

I too have issues getting much further than a mile, but I attribute that to ambient interference. Even TV and XM signals get killed around here.

They should be on separate frequencies from what we use, but could the proliferation of cell towers be causing general interference issues?

I can get just about 5,400 feet before my smart controller starts to loose connection and I need to turn back. Plus it's really hard to keep VLOS at that distance.
I need to look into strobes.

Mavic 2 Pro, and a Tello.

a good amount it is woods trees are 85-90 feet tall.
That’s it, it’s probably the tall trees reducing reception. Try flying in another area with open terrain. I think your controller is okay, just a learning curve you’ll eventually start experiencing these long distance flights others are having.

Have patience,
Paul

a good amount it is woods trees are 85-90 feet tall.
Like Waldo said, do a test in open terrain just to eliminate one possibility. Find a stretch of country road where there’s not a lot of hills or trees in the way. Launch her straight up several hundred feet and then take off and stay in direct line of site down the road. See if you fly further than the 2200ft. If you do, chalk it up to interference. 99% of my flying is in the countryside around corn fields, pastures and heavy timber. When I’m scouting deer I’m diving in and out of fields with heavy timber between my bird and I so I went and equipped one of my remotes with the Titan Switch range booster so that I would stop losing connection when I got a lot of trees between RC and the UAV. Not saying that’s what you need to do, but everyone with a standard RC is going to have connectivity problems when they have a lot of timber, or any clutter for that matter, in he way.

That’s it, it’s probably the tall trees reducing reception. Try flying in another area with open terrain. I think your controller is okay, just a learning curve you’ll eventually start experiencing these long distance flights others are having.

Have patience,
Paul
Learning curve I don’t think so. Mp2 flys same way at the beach. I would send it in for care refresh but that’s a scam as controller is not covered at all and if they feel like it they charge 65 per hour. Spent 3 hours with dji chat customer service and email customer service . They have no phone number

If you get the same results at the beach then my suggested test isn't gonna provide any new data. You’ve obviously got a software or hardware problem. You say the bird is brand new so it’s still under warranty. You don’t have to use care refresh. Fact is, you have received a lemon it sounds like and DJI needs to fix it or replace it at no cost to you.

They only charge $65 if you DON'T have refresh and the damage isn't covered under warranty.
If you happen to damage the AC and remote at the same time, like accidentally backing over your FlyMore bag containing both, and claim refresh for the AC, they may only charge for the replacement part foe the remote. They only charged me $2 for one broken remote antenna and sent me a refurb remote.

With things in your way.....u cant expect to fly out a quarter mile drop down low and start filming stuff lol i mean we are not at alien technology yet....i think your just expecting to much...

With things in your way.....u cant expect to fly out a quarter mile drop down low and start filming stuff lol i mean we are not at alien technology yet....i think your just expecting to much...

my mavic pro would do what your saying cant be done. I sold it for the up grade to mp2. if it was my old spark I would expect that kind of flight. anyway its on its way to the repair shop..all is good

I've done this myself go in go app under HD make sure its under auto

I've done this myself go in go app under HD make sure its under auto
went over that and firmware plus a ton of other possibles with dji customer support chat plus a few emails with customer support. end results was they had me sent it in as somethings not right. just hope its not the controller because thats not covered by warranty or care refresh.

went over that and firmware plus a ton of other possibles with dji customer support chat plus a few emails with customer support. end results was they had me sent it in as somethings not right. just hope its not the controller because thats not covered by warranty or care refresh.
On the controller, they are very inexpensive buying them used.

It’s quite possible one of the antenna cables was pinched while closing up the controller, and went unnoticed during assembly. It could have had some connection at the beginning, but finally the pinched area gave way after turning the antennas while opening and closing them.

It’s possible,
Paul

hope its not the controller because thats not covered by warranty or care refresh.

If it is the controller, and your package is pretty much brand new, then I would argue that with DJI until they repaired or replaced the controller at no charge. They sold you that RC with your UAV package and if it came pretty much DOA out of the box, they need to replace it. Don’t let them sell you short.

You can go into settings for the aircraft and set maximum distance to as much as 10k meters (almost 6 miles). If you do fly that far out be sure you have lighting to allow VLOS and watch you battery guage closely so you don’t get caught without enough battery to get home.
VLOS at 6 miles? Unless you have a VO with binoculars, I don’t think so.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu