DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro poor flight distance 2,260 feet

Also, keep your bird within line of sight or people here will flip out, lol.
And the problem with that is just what please? For those who fly professionally, others refusing to stick to the regulations are making it increasingly difficult. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should. You simply cannot see and avoid when you’re beyond VLOS and relying on FPV because the field of view is restricted. Also your public liability insurance (insurance?) will be invalid for any damage you cause.

VLOS at 6 miles? Unless you have a VO with binoculars, I don’t think so.
This was only a comment on configurable settings available to the user. Never said VLOS was 6 miles. If you have read many threads on visibility you’ll find I experience 2-3.5 miles visibility depending on ambient conditions.
Thank-you for your concern.

Remember we're operating on both WiFi bands, even if we're not using Wi-Fi protocols. Those bands are very crowded these days. Cell towers may be on different band, their power may bleed into the bands we use.
Natural atmospheric interference may also be a factor. That's the only explanation I have for my issues with radio, TV and XM reception issues I often encounter. My car radio sometimes picks up stations a few 100 miles away, squashing the closer station I want to receive. Tends to happen spring and fall.

And the problem with that is just what please? For those who fly professionally, others refusing to stick to the regulations are making it increasingly difficult. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should. You simply cannot see and avoid when you’re beyond VLOS and relying on FPV because the field of view is restricted. Also your public liability insurance (insurance?) will be invalid for any damage you cause.

People have been flying long distance for years and not using Dji's models, without a single incident.
You win and are correct. Don't do to many flips or you might hurt yourself. People break the written laws every second and pretty sure you do to...

Haven't read all the replies but I've noticed weather conditions can be disruptive to connectivity of the app, and by weather conditions I mean some elevated wind speed on an otherwise good clear day. Yesterday I flew the M2P some 3000m (9850 feet) distance out to an island off the NSW south coast, at an altitude of 100m (330 feet) in the calmest conditions - was the coolest experience ever reaching and filming the drone's arrival to the islands. But started getting connectivity issues when going to fly thru the two small islands so had to RTH. Was still over 50% battery remaining. Someone with a Phantom 4 did this trip to the islands two years ago, filmed them and returned safely.

• Love
Reactions: otisbrazwell
Just got my M2P with SC and everything so far is terrific. Make sure you have enough battery life to get out that far and that you have a clear connection between your drone controller (I mean no objects in the way, otherwise your feed may get worse) and make sure your antennas are pointing the right way. Remember the signal comes off the flat part of it, not the point

New mp2 with controller that came with bird. 5 miles well if I flew in a circle out to 2,265 feet or so . I went to my flight recorded and ran it and you can see were the mp 2 has problems out at 2,265 or so, red warning is on at that point I can fly back out of it or hit r t h bird will fly back and land exactly we’re launched . As fare as pictured or movie at 2,265 feet that’s blurry and frozen
I'm having the same problem with my mavic pro around 2,600 feet not sure what the problem is.

Up date mp2 made it to dji out in California . They have emailed me daily as of last Friday with progress .So far found nothing wrong with it BUT are not able to fly it to check flight distance. Theres no charge and some day it will be shipped back:rolleyes:

up date mp2 z came back from dji support yesterday no cost involved. so here's the update plug that covers usb port is missing and I went out in the boon docks and flew 3,300 ' and lost connection with controller red banner at top lost signal reposition Antenor. altitude was 375'. I kept it out there went east and west controller came back on and lost connection could not fly farther . service tech over the phone first said it checked out nothing wrong with it but they did not fly it. day 2 they sent a survey to see how I liked there work I said ok by why not take it out an fly it. all these conversations were hard to follow and rushed. so on the 4 day someone there flew it 3.000 ' with no problem. shipped it back the long way from California to rhode island. my take mp2 mite fly in the desert most dont know the poor flight distance because of the line of sight thing. I bought it to fly far and check out deer hunting spots...at this point I would trade it for a mavic pro platinum thats fairly new with extra battery

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143