DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Quality Control is Lacking

ccurry

Reactions
Purchased my first Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller. Bestbuy had a great deal and with the no interest financing I had to bite. With that being said, I noticed something upon the unboxing, the drone on top had some discolored spots, light markings and very minor scratches. This isn’t the first time either, just recently my Mavic mini had similar lines but no discolored spots or scratches. Nothing major, but enough to catch my eye on both cases. All cosmetic though. What aggravated me is that I just spend over $1,500 on a drone that looks somewhat used. Now some people would say I’m too picky, but I say humbug. I called DJI and they said it’s a new drone never activated before. It was sealed with all packaging and stickers in place.

Bestbuy would allow me to exchange, but only if I pay a restocking fee, since it’s not defective. Doesn’t seem right to me.

Anyone else have any quality control cosmetic issues on their drones out of the box? Is this normal?

Just curious.

Anyone else have any quality control cosmetic issues on their drones out of the box?
Not normally, but my Mavic Mini is discolored on the top. That seems to be a common issue.

Reactions: ccurry
Purchased my first Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller. Bestbuy had a great deal and with the no interest financing I had to bite. With that being said, I noticed something upon the unboxing, the drone on top had some discolored spots, light markings and very minor scratches. This isn’t the first time either, just recently my Mavic mini had similar lines but no discolored spots or scratches. Nothing major, but enough to catch my eye on both cases. All cosmetic though. What aggravated me is that I just spend over $1,500 on a drone that looks somewhat used. Now some people would say I’m too picky, but I say humbug. I called DJI and they said it’s a new drone never activated before. It was sealed with all packaging and stickers in place.

Bestbuy would allow me to exchange, but only if I pay a restocking fee, since it’s not defective. Doesn’t seem right to me.

Anyone else have any quality control cosmetic issues on their drones out of the box? Is this normal?

Just curious.
Just got my Mavic 2 Pro several weeks ago- no mars, nicks, scratches, or anything cosmetically wrong. (purchased from DDS DJI Drone Service).

If the drone is functional, I would never have even thought to look for cosmetic blemishes. Since my Mavic 2 is sitting right here at my desk, I looked it over and see nothing cosmetic that anyone might reasonably complain about.

Reactions: ccurry
The only blemish I've heard of with M2 out of sealed box is minor scratches/scuffs on camera coming from some rubbing on the gimbal guard during shipping. Haven't heard much about it though for about a year or more.

Just curious.
Exchange it as defective. It is. Find another defect, if that one isn't good enough for BB.

Exchange it as defective. It is. Find another defect, if that one isn't good enough for BB.

This. They aren’t going to test it out in the store, so just tell them that it won’t take off or something like that and they’ll let you swap it out for a new one. Sometimes you need to work the system that works us most of the time.

This thread and title was leading me to think you were going to point out how the arms rub on the mainframe
When ever you fold them in or out
OR
The gimble cover scratches the underside
Of the body

yes sometime when your flying the gimble will just start acting spraticly

There the good and Not so good
With the MP2
That being said I still would not sell my
M2P because I really injoy it along with my MP1

Just curious.
Any chance you might post images of the claimed defects?

That's definitely a wonky M2 gimbal which I would not accept as normal! Never seen anything other than a minor twitch once in a blue moon on mine. Is it possible that you pressed and held and dragged on the screen, which will alter the camera direction to sideways, and bring props and skids into the frame? Resetting the camera to straight forward, by pointing it straight down and than back to horizontal in the app might be worth trying, if it ever happens again.

Recently purchased the Flymore Kit to go with my Pro 2 and Smart Controller. The batteries are a lighter gray with
some scuffs around the buttons of both batteries. Looks like batteries are used but they showed zero charges and a date of 7/19.

I am going to use them anyway as it's only cosmetic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS