DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - RC Connection Lost - Distance about 15 metres

Bredi92

Reactions
Hey,

Today I took my Mavic 2 Pro out for my second flight.
I started the drone and everything looked good. I was flying in a height of about 10-15 metres and the distance to the drone was about 20 metres.
Then i started to take a picture. After taking the picture the Remote Controller said Connection lost and the APP turned to black and white colours because of no connection. I had no control anymore. Then the drone started RTH. The RC restartet and said "LANDING". The drone landed correctly but then my app said i am not connected to the drone so i started to restart everything (Phone, drone, RC). Did this 2 times and then I had connection again. So I started the drone again. Same height (about 10 metres) and going backwards aboud 5 metres. Took another photo and suddenly it Lost Connection again. Same procedure - > RTH -> RC Restarted - LANDING.

Wtf is wrong? I was flying far away from any buildings.
Could the problem be that I was looking forward and the drone was behind me and so lost the connection @15 metres distance?

I had no issues flying the first time. Another thing could be that this time I maybe was flying with a different batterie. But that shouldn't be a problem!?

I attached a picture I made before loosing the connection.

Please help me get back my confidence :((

Greets
PatrickDJI_0016.jpg

This does not sound right at all.

At such a close distance you should have a solid connection to the drone regardless of orientation. If your first ever flight was ok then maybe something took a knock along the way.

I would do a full factory reset and recalibrate everything and then try again. If the same thing happens then its straight back to DJI for replacement.

Totally sucks for a brand new drone!

Edit: Cool spot, is that where you did your first "good" flight?

Reactions: Bredi92
This does not sound right at all.

At such a close distance you should have a solid connection to the drone regardless of orientation. If your first ever flight was ok then maybe something took a knock along the way.

I would do a full factory reset and recalibrate everything and then try again. If the same thing happens then its straight back to DJI for replacement.

Totally sucks for a brand new drone!

Edit: Cool spot, is that where you did your first "good" flight?

Thanks for the quick response.
I will try this tomorrow. So I will make a factory reset and recalibrate the compass. What else can/should I recalibrate?

Yes that really sucks :(

No this spot was 1.2 km away from the first flight.

Can I maybe get any information from the flight logs? Do you know how I could inspect the flight log?

Reactions: Point Zero
Well if you are going to do everything then its the Sensors, which you will need a computer and monitor to do. Then the IMU sensors, which you just need a flat surface to do and can be done through your Go4 App and then the Compass, which again can be done through the Go4 App.

I know you can upload your flight logs and then some of the members here will be able to look at them for you.

DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

Check to make sure you cable is good . Try another cable.
There is no way at that distance you should be losing connection.

I will try tomorrow with a different cable with a different phone, but I don't think it's an cable issue. If it would be an cable issue i would only lose connection with the mobile phone or ? It shouldn't lose the connection between RC and drone ?

I will try tomorrow with a different cable with a different phone, but I don't think it's an cable issue. If it would be an cable issue i would only lose connection with the mobile phone or ? It shouldn't lose the connection between RC and drone ?

Yes you are correct with a bad cable you should only lose connection with the phone/tables but not with the RC.
And at the distance you were flying antenna position on RC should make no difference.

What sounds strange is the described RC behavior.
RC should never reboot. First time I hear of it doing that. It isn't uncommon for the app to reboot though.
Also when RC loses connection to AC, it says "Connecting" and not "lost connection". The app would say something like that though.

The app's description of connection loss with the RC and RC loss with AC are similar, but they are different.

If it is an issue with the RC, try re-binding the AC and RC

What sounds strange is the described RC behavior.
RC should never reboot. First time I hear of it doing that. It isn't uncommon for the app to reboot though.
Also when RC loses connection to AC, it says "Connecting" and not "lost connection". The app would say something like that though.

The app's description of connection loss with the RC and RC loss with AC are similar, but they are different.

If it is an issue with the RC, try re-binding the AC and RC

"Also when RC loses connection to AC, it says "Connecting" and not "lost connection"." I am not 100% sure if the RC was telling "lost connection" maybe just the app said that. It was a little panic situation... I lost full control of Drone. No way to do anything. It was just hovering in the air. Then it started RTH and the RC restarted and then said "LANDING".

Yes i re-binded the AC and RC a few minutes ago. I will recalibrate everything tomorrow and then let's see if it happens again.

2 more question:

1. Is there no way to factory reset the Mavic 2?
    I am using the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and there is no reset to factory in the Update tab.. And I also cannot find anything on google how to factory reset the M2. There are only videos for Mavic 1.
  2. Could it be a problem with magnetism ? Should only make problem with GPS but not with the connection of RC an AC itself ?

"Also when RC loses connection to AC, it says "Connecting" and not "lost connection"." I am not 100% sure if the RC was telling "lost connection" maybe just the app said that. It was a little panic situation... I lost full control of Drone. No way to do anything. It was just hovering in the air. Then it started RTH and the RC restarted and then said "LANDING".

Yes i re-binded the AC and RC a few minutes ago. I will recalibrate everything tomorrow and then let's see if it happens again.

2 more question:

1. Is there no way to factory reset the Mavic 2?
    I am using the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and there is no reset to factory in the Update tab.. And I also cannot find anything on google how to factory reset the M2. There are only videos for Mavic 1.
  2. Could it be a problem with magnetism ? Should only make problem with GPS but not with the connection of RC an AC itself ?
What firmware version are you running on the AC and RC?
What version of DJI GO 4 are you using?
Are you running an Android phone/tablet or a apple device?

What firmware version are you running on the AC and RC?
What version of DJI GO 4 are you using?
Are you running an Android phone/tablet or a apple device?
Latest firmware @RC an AC. Updatet it 2 weeks ago when i got the drone before first flight. App was also saying i was on latest firmware with ac and rc.
DJI GO 4.3.12
Android Phone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada