DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - Record Video 101

Morkstar

Reactions
So I have managed to get my brand new M2 Pro to take a couple of images and a 20 second video but then it just doesn't take images or record video. I've got a 64GB card in it with plenty of space, the controller says 2 hours recording time available but nothing happens (apart from focussing) when i hit either record button.

I've tried the 101 videos but haven't found anything yet.

Apologies for the noob question but what am I doing wrong?

Many thanks

Don't know. However - where it says SD Card (on the screen), there is a small warning triangle on it. It says it's got capacity for 821 RAWs or 2:11:22 at 1080P.
It's a bog standard Sandisk Extreme 64GB card with 32GB space on it.

So I've done some Googling and all I can think is that the OS doesn't like the card. I've ordered a faster (v30) card for delivery tomorrow so we'll see.

If it isn’t the card you may have the same problem I had early on. If you press the button on the controller to take a picture lightly it just focuses, you need to press it a bit harder to take the picture.

Reactions: enodog
If it isn’t the card you may have the same problem I had early on. If you press the button on the controller to take a picture lightly it just focuses, you need to press it a bit harder to take the picture.

Thanks - sadly I was pressing hard, soft, long, double, extra long extra hard etc etc. Nothing. Hopefully it’s just the card which can hang it’s head in shame and go back into the GoPro

How are you trying to view your photos/movies? Are you removing the card and putting it in a card reader? Or are you connecting to the USB slot using a cable connected to your computer?

As daniel31 points out... If you're set up to record to the internal memory, then you won't get any images on the removable card and won't see anytyhing if you're using a card reader. If you plug the drone in to your computer using a USB cable, you'll see the internal card and should be able to see whatever is on it.

You have to select which memory card you record to. (Internal or external) . I think the default is the internal card.

I’m not trying to view files. Nothing is being recorded. The system is set to record to SD. The buttons only focus, there is 100% nothing being recorded.

So - new 128GB Sandisk Extreme V30 (90/160) card installed and it all works. Videoing and photographing perfectly.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Reactions: ff22
you might want to try and reformat the card, especially if you were using it in a different device...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burke_chris_001