DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro Return to controller iphone8

billcar

Reactions
Hi. I have a Mavis 2 pro using iphone8 IOS 13.7 . Return to home works fine. Return to controller get error message “mobile device gps signal weak” . Shows 20+ satellites. Signal strength good. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a fix?

Hi. I have a Mavis 2 pro using iphone8 IOS 13.7 . Return to home works fine. Return to controller get error message “mobile device gps signal weak” . Shows 20+ satellites. Signal strength good. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a fix?
It's been that way for the last two years (with Apple devices).
No fix has been found.

Reactions: _gonzales_
Unless the M2 controller is different than the MP, the controller gets it's GPS info from your iPhone; it has no GPS receiver. If you are getting the 20+ satellite info on Go 4 then that is the satellite count on your M2.

Unless the M2 controller is different than the MP, the controller gets it's GPS info from your iPhone; it has no GPS receiver. If you are getting the 20+ satellite info on Go 4 then that is the satellite count on your M2.
That's all true, but makes no difference to the well known problem of DJI Go 4 reporting weak (no) GPS signal with Apple phones and tablets.

Reactions: Thomas B
That's all true, but makes no difference to the well known problem of DJI Go 4 reporting weak (no) GPS signal with Apple phones and tablets.
Hopefully, I learn something new every day. I did not know that Go 4 reported the GPS signal of the display device. Would you show me where that is reported?

It just reports weak (which means no) GPS signal if you try to reset home to the controller's location with an Aape device.
It doesn't show actual numbers, since there's not much need for it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123